Fwd: Algebricity and ETC

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2004
      Dear friends,

      may I forward a message by Edward Brisse that might interest you

      > Here is the last version of my text on algebricity of centers in ETC
      > On http://pages.infinit.net/spqrsncf/fx.htm is the definition of the
      > 2676 centers in ETC. As possible, they have been expressed in terms of
      > a, b, c except for Morley points using third of angles of ABC.
      >
      > Best regards, Edward Brisse

    • Steve Sigur
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2004
        I have just spent a pleasant several hours with Edward's listing of the
        barycentric coordinates of the points in Kimberling's collection.
        Having done a lot of this conversion, I know how much work it is,even
        with computers, so thanks.

        I have a question about these point lists such as Clark's and Edward's.

        It is easy to make up lots of combinations of coordinates, but I gather
        that points only get on the lists as they are discovered in some
        geometrical context. Is this true?

        I have been collecting what I call "cognates" combinations of various
        patterns such as a^n sb^m and it would be interesting to compare their
        origins.

        Steve friendly from Atlanta