      From: Barry Wolk
      To: Hyacinthos@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:33 PM
      Subject: [EMHL] Re: Simson lines

      > From: Daniel <dvacaretu@...>
      >
      > Yes, it is a particular case of S-triangles.
      >
      > Two triangles ABC and A'B'C' inscribed in the same circle are
      > S-triangles iff arc(AA')+arc(BB')+arc(CC')=0 (mod 2PI).
      > The Simson lines of A',B',C', with respect to ABC and the Simson
      > lines of A,B,C, with respect to A'B'C' are concurrent in the
      > midpoint of [HH'] where H and H' are the orthocenters of ABC and
      > A'B'C'.

      A routine calculation using complex numbers as coordinates gives
      the following: If A,B,C,D,E are on the unit circle, then the Simson
      lines of D and of E (wrt ABC) meet at (A+B+C+D+E+ABC/(DE))/2

      This formula is simpler than expected, even though it was known
      in advance that it had to have some symmetry and scaling properties.
      And the S-triangle result follows easily from this.
      --
      Barry Wolk