15352Re: [EMHL] line/conic intersection

  • Luís Lopes
    Jul 2, 2007
      Dear Hyacinthists,

      I don't know what happens/has hapenned but many
      messages related to this thread, including all mine,
      didn't show up on my inbox

      I will reply to François directly from the archive.

      Dear Martin Acosta,

      That is exactly what my problem is and your solution
      is what I am looking for. I still have to understand it
      so I could construct I'.

      Best regards,
      Luis

      >From: "Martin Acosta" <maedu@...>
      >To: Hyacinthos@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [EMHL] line/conic intersection
      >Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:07:44 +0000
      >
      >I think your problem is to draw a line by the focus and the intersection
      >between d and r, when this intersection is out of reach. Let name I this
      >intersection point.
      >
      >You could draw a point D on d and a point R on r.
      >So You have the triangle DRI.
      >You cand find a homothetic of this triangle around F, so that I' is on
      >screen.
      >the line through F and I' passes through I.
      >
      >Martin
      >

      > >From: "Francois Rideau" <francois.rideau@...>
      > >To: Hyacinthos@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [EMHL] line/conic intersection