15117Re: [EMHL] Re: Locus

    Apr 1, 2007
      Dear Jeff
      Sorry, Cte means "constant".
      So you look at events (m,t(0)) in H where t(0) is some fixed time that I
      have named "Cte" in my previous post.. As H is an hyperboloid, these events
      are on a conic, intersection of H in W = P x T with the plane t = t(0).
      So you see why the Newtonian spacetime W is useful, allowing some synthetic
      proofs in this difficult theory, even if it has no physical existence.
      In fact you have a group G(alilean) acting not only on the set W of events
      but also on the set of world lines, that's just the old theory of Galilean
      relativity.
      Of course, the (choo-choo) theory is the study of the subgroup of G leaving
      hyperboloid H globally invariant. This group G' is known for a long time as
      H is a ruled quadric.
      G' is itself the union of 2 distinct subsets G" and G'" where G" is the
      subgroup of G' leaving globally invariant each of the 2 set of generators of
      H and G'" the subset (G'" is not a subgroup) of G' swapping these 2 distinct
      sets of generators, that is to say G" is a subgroup of G' of index 2.

      Friendly

      Francois