12548Re: [EMHL] Looking for an explanation

    Apr 1, 2006
      Dear Bernard and Steve

      > >> [JP] consider the rectangular hyperbola through G, O, K
      > >> (symedian), X[110).
      > >> His center is the midpoint of GX[110] and the hyperbola goes
      through
      > >> the infinite points of the Jerabek hyperbola, X[154], X[354], X
      > >> [392], X
      > >> [1201],...
      > >> Consider a common point P (not X[110]) of the hyperbola with the
      > >> circumcircle;
      >
      > These 3 points P lie on the Thomson cubic.

      I don't think so

      > >> let M be the homothetic of P in (O, -3) and A'B'C' the
      > >> pedal triangle of M.
      > >> Then AA', BB', CC' are parallel.
      > >> Any explanation?

      > there's a close analogy with the bottom of my web page on the
      Darboux
      > cubic.
      >
      > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bernard.gibert/Exemples/k004.html

      Yes, indeed. These three points are UVW in your Darboux page. many
      thanks.
      It is quite interesting to see that these points are the only points
      P in the plane such as, if A'B'C' is the pedal triangle of P, the
      lines AA', BB', CC' are parallel (of course they are parallel to the
      asymptots of Lucas - or Thomson -)