73 CR400 left case tranny gear removal

  • SDC
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2017
      Hey folks - I am stripping and rebuilding this motor with  all  new bearings

      The transmission bearings in the left case both have this "keeper" ring

      do you expand the "ring" then simultaneously press the bearing?  or what?

      Thanks in advance for any guidance
      Steve

      Inline image 1
    • hansandlucie
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2017
        You shouldn't have to mess with the ring,  just pull the bearing out the same side the ring is on..

        Thx
        Hans
      • SDC
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 28, 2017
          cool - thank you!

          On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 1:12 PM, hchristen@... [HuskyOwners] <HuskyOwners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          You shouldn't have to mess with the ring,  just pull the bearing out the same side the ring is on..

          Thx
          Hans

        • Mike Fitzgerald