Re: [Hundasa] تكريم البروفيسر وليم

  • SA MU
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 6 10:09 PM
      الأخ الكريم أيمن،
      جزاك الله خيرا وبارك الله فيك، إن لم تتمكن من الحضور شخصيا فلا أقل من المشاركة المادية (حسب الطاقة والإستطاعة) وذلك لوجود اتجاه لشراء هدية فخمة للبروف في تكريمه وهذه التبرعات لن تكون حصرا على الخريجين القدامي فقط وإنما هنالك مخاطبات وجهود لجمع تبرعات من بعض الهيئات والمؤسسات.

      رفقتك السلامة ورحلة آمنة وموفقه بإذن الله.

      سامي

      From: SA MU <iamimas@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [Hundasa] تكريم البروفيسر وليم
      To: Hundasa@yahoogroups .com
      Date: Monday, April 6, 2009, 1:53 AM

      الإخوة والأخوات في مجموعة هندسه قروب،

      السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته..

      أتمنى أن تكونوا جمعيا في أتم صحة وعافية وتوفيق من الله في حياتكم المهنية والإجتماعية. .

      قمت بزيارة الكلية قبل يومين والتقيت الأخ الدكتور علي السيوري والأخ الدكتور مصدق وقد وجدت أن هنالك بادرة من الكلية بتكريم البروفيسر وليم وقد اقترحت عليهم إرسال تنويه بهذا الخصوص في منتدي هندسة العامرلتشجيع الخريجين القدامي على المساهمة المادية والمعنوية في هذا الأمر.
      مرفق خطاب من رئيس قسم الهندسة الميكانيكية (الدكتور مصدق) بهذا الخصوص تكريم البروفيسر وليم والذي لا يختلف إثنان بأحقيته بهذا التكريم لما بذله من عطاء نفيس خلال خدمته بالجامعة من بذل علمه ووقته بسخاء وتجرد. وقد قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم (من لا يشكر الناس لا يشكر الله).
      فلنشحذ هممنا لرد شيء من الجميل لهذا البروف العلم.

      أخوكم
       سامي سليمان

    • mustafa ali
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 12 2:52 AM
        Dears Collegues,
        I know it is valubale to give appreciation to anyone who deliver learning to you, but in my opinion I think it is better to save these efforts in providing something that can be beneficiary to both the college and students who are suffering alot from lack of updated learning methods, staff and tools.

        I am not opposing to make merit to Willaim or anyone else but let us ask ourselves these questions before initiating such ideas:
        1- What is the milestone/record made by that person?
        2- Did he provide a living service to the college (materials, workshops, etc)?
        3- Did he participate in international engineering actvities (forum, papers, institutes?
        4- Was he using updated learning methods?
        5- Was he fair to the students?
        6- Was he reachable and holding good relationships with students?

        I think as Sudanases we are famous of being passionate of taking things for granted which laways prevent us of having the right dicision and laso just following idea which came from a beloved person even if that one is not thinking positively.

        Please guys try to take my above as a sharing idea where it represents only my personal thoughts because I think Handasa group is not owned by anyone and I had an experience of misunderstaning before that's why I am not willing to repeat the cycle even with low RPM.

        With much of my respect to all of you.

        Mustafa Suliman
        Mech
        WNPOC/Operations

[...]

      • ammar abdalmajied osman

[...]

        • Khalid Awad Al-karim
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 12 4:41 PM
            Mustafa,

            The answer to all your questions needs to come from the Faculty Department Admin office. They are the ones to evaluate Prof William performace and reward him accordingly. My understanding this initiatives is coming from the students and in some universities, the students do recognize their professors and present them with an award - and the department does help with organizing the effort. In this case, Prof William was pre-nominated and wasn't voted by the students but regardless the initiative is what counts. I hope this will be the begining to recognize other Professors by their students.

            Trying to answer some of your questions .... did the faculty provid Prof Williams with the right equipment to use for his teaching? Would the department have reimbursed Prof William for any expenses for his participation in international conferences .... did we, alumni and current students shared our post university experience with out professors regarding updated material/reference.

            As you said, this is an open forum and would much prefer to hear from all on how to improve on what we have at the moment - we all know that the faculty is lacking a lot - and we need to connect with the faculty and see how we can help. And I hope this initiative would be a step to bring the teaching staff and the students closer.

            Thanks

            Khalid Awad

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 13 2:19 AM
              Dear Khalid,
              I hope you are doing good.
              I do appreciate both your immaculate response and understanding to what I have written. I think the College should have the priority in term of performance improvement since it is the core of any expected development plan and also it is our responsibility to give a hand in whatever possible which will have a great impact in buidling a new future to our beloved college.

              Beside, I don't prefer to involve the faculty management in such awarding activities and since it is the students' initiative then they should be taking care of it unless the faculty has another thing to say.

              Thank you

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14 10:39 AM

                Dear Mustafa,

                Find below my comments and answers to your questions.

                Sami Mudathir
                Handasa, Mikanika 94/99
                I know it is valubale to give appreciation to anyone who deliver learning to you, but in my opinion I think it is better to save these efforts in providing something that can be beneficiary to both the college and students who are suffering alot from lack of updated learning methods, staff and tools.

                I am not opposing to make merit to Willaim or anyone else but let us ask ourselves these questions before initiating such ideas:

                1- What is the milestone/record made by that person?

                Teaching and educating tens of thousands of engineers in Sudan from different universities for more than four decades. Isn't that an appreciable mile stone and fanciful record?

                2- Did he provide a living service to the college (materials, workshops, etc)?

                The professor has not been appointed as the Minster of Higher education or Chairman of the university to be accountable for that.

                3- Did he participate in international engineering actvities (forum, papers, institutes?

                Yes, a lot and if you do not know the details of his contribution it is not his fault, and I do not think he his obliged to submit to you a report with such information.

                4- Was he using updated learning methods?

                I guess you mean updated teaching or pedagogical methods, am I right?

                5- Was he fair to the students?

                Yes he was, and if you failed in one or some of the subjects he taught or even scored poor results, many hundreds or even thousands of other students did pretty well in his subjects. Do you believe that Prof. William has tyrannized you?

                6- Was he reachable and holding good relationships with students?

                I am so sorry and I am really confused, are we talking about a university professor or a public relation employee or even a marketing manager in cosmetics trading company?

                I think as Sudanases we are famous of being passionate of taking things for granted which laways prevent us of having the right dicision and laso just following idea which came from a beloved person even if that one is not thinking positively.

                 May be, although it is a subjective point of view.

                Please guys try to take my above as a sharing idea where it represents only my personal thoughts because I think Handasa group is not owned by anyone and I had an experience of misunderstaning before that's why I am not willing to repeat the cycle even with low RPM.

                 Yes, you are right, handasa group is not owned by anyone but I believe everybody around here loves to share and see constructive contributions and point of views. Those who are looking to the life through an extra dark pair of spectacles are advised to keep their lethal destructive gloomy points of views and ideas to themselves to save everybody's time.

                With much of my respect to all of you.

                with much respects to you too.

                Sami

                Mustafa Suliman

                Mech

                WNPOC/Operations

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 14 7:09 PM
                  Salam Mustafa and all shabab,

                  Allow me to disagree with your following point. You wrote:

                  "I know it is valubale to give appreciation to anyone who deliver learning to you, but in my opinion I think it is better to save these efforts in providing something that can be beneficiary to both the college and students who are suffering alot from lack of updated learning methods, staff and tools. "

                  I don't see why the effort to recognize professor William will harm any other efforts to help improve the learning environment. Do we really need to choose between such wonderful initiatives, or should we encourage ALL of them. I believe that if some of us can come together and offer much-deserved recognition to professor William, then that will open the door for more and more collaborative efforts in the future, don't you agree?

                  Thank you Sami and everyone standing behind this effort. I can help by initiating phone contacts with fellow Handasa graduates here in the U.S., let me know if this will help.

                  Salam

                  Abubaker Ali Ahmed, Ph.D.
                  Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
                  Savannah, GA, U.S.A.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 15 2:34 AM

                    السلام عليكم

                    زميلنا في المكتب متميز بادائه ، درس على يد  بروف وليم  عدة كورسات في جامعة السودان في مرحلتي البكالريوس والماجستير

                    اخبرني انه كان يحضر قبل المحاضرة بساعة أي  حوالي السابعة صباحا  لا لشيء الا لان  وليم كان يحضر في هذا الموعد فكان يجهز له اسئلة متعدده  في المادة وبعد الحصول على الاجابات

                     يجلس معه ليستمع الى قصص وليم الاكاديمية مع الطلاب ثم يستمع الى اجاباته على اسئلة الزملاء الذين يحضرون لاحقا .فكما ذكر كانت كل اجابة على سؤال هي محاضرة في حد ذاتها وترسخ الفهم اكثر . وهكذا حتى حلول زمن المحاضره

                    قلت له اسفا : كنا نصل دائما  بعد بداية المحاضرة ب25 دقيقة !!1

                    زميلنا هشام عبدالقوي  زار بيت بروف وليم عام 1998وعندما طرق الباب  حضرت زوجته

                    فقال هشام : نحن طلبة ونريد مقابلة الاستاذ

                    فردت :  لكن انتو تبع فين ؟؟

                     فكان هشام يضحك لهذا الموقف لانه اكتشف ان طلبة الاستاذ ليسوا في الخرطوم فقط بل اكثر من ان يحصوا

                    أيمن

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 15 11:56 PM

                      Dear all

                      It is better to stop here no more debates and arguments which may incite  aggression  backlash , and provoke friendless behavior .Supporters should do all kind of efforts to have greater contribution and fewer criticizers, opponents (almurgifoon fe almadeena ) stay away and keep silent ( la tarhamo la tkhalo rahmat allah tanzil)

                      With Regards
                      A/Moneim A/Salam
                      .

                      From: mustafa ali <m_aboud2000@ yahoo.com>
                      To: Hundasa@yahoogroups .com
                      Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 2:52 AM

                      Dear Sami,
                      I am fully confident now of why the faculty and U of K is downgraded from a third university in the world to reach its miserable current level !!!!!
                      Yeeeeeeeeh I am also getting more assured why the university has been horribally downgraded. Definetly there are lots of reasons but I recently capured one - - - - -> those who have lousy academic records in the faculty dare to judge and assess the performance of professors like Prof. William !!!!!!!

                      And by the way try to EDUCATE yourself to dilever your points in a DECENT way without violating others' rights, and if you want to defend that idea - which you have the absolute right - then you should revise your method (take it or leave it) because in such way no one will even think of any kind of contribution.

                      Thanks for the advice, I will try to educate myself and be decent but please you too try to educate yourself to know the faculty you studied in for a loooooong time. It is not the faculty of ENGINEERING AND ART as you mentioned unless they have merged the two faculties after I resigned my appointment as a teaching assistant in the univeristy seven years ago!!!!
                      Guys case is closed, and please don't bother others in such unlimited e-mails (you can use my personal e-mail address). In addition to that I hope a successful TAKREEM for the God Father of the great Faculty of Engineering & Art. Also please include Mr. Sami in the next TAKREEM (sponsered by the Minister himself) and who knows, he may be the Ministaer at that time !!!!!
                      Thanks alot for you kind wishes.
                      يسمع من بؤءك ربنا زي ما بيقولوا أهلنا المصريين
                      Typical Suburban Mindset.
                        تذكرت هنا قول الشاعر:
                      وابن اللبون إذا ما لُذ في قرن *** لم يستطع صولة البدن القناعيس
                      Mustafa
                      وإن عدتم عدنا
                      سامي