Re: A Course In Miracles

  • Rev. James Vinson Wingo, DD
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 15, 2008

      --- On Wed, 10/15/08, Renata González wrote:

      > Hi Rev:
      > Thanks for your information. I really appreciate it. Please take a look at the
      > book: "A course in Miracles", you may be astounded by the similarity
      > to Hoponopono's teachings.

      Aloha Renata,

      Not "astounded" really ... because ACIM and Self I-Dentity Ho'oponopono are based on the exact same source material.

      Helen Schucman and William Thetford were introduced to Huna mid-60's when they read Max Freedom Long's The Secret Science Behind Miracles.

      Max was looking forward to his retirement years, so Schucman and Thetford started producing their early text ... originally called "Urtext" ... which was later developed into ACIM.

      I remember when they ordered my Dad's 12-week course on the fundamentals of Huna.

      Soon afterward, they "dictated" the book, ACIM ... from an "inner voice," described as coming from a "divine source."

      Well ... the "divine source" was The Secret Science Behind Miracles.

      Jane Roberts did the same thing at around the same time ... writing "Seth Speaks" within a year of reading The Secret Science Behind Miracles.

      Dad is a stickler for paperwork and keeping accurate records ... so we're never really "surprised" at all when "revolutionary" new books that hit the pop charts "introducing" the Fundamental Huna Principles by different names.

      Joe Vitale has recently made a fortune by doing the exact same thing ...

      ... in fact ... entire pages from "Zero Limits" are copied word-for-word out of the Huna Newsletters.

      Look ...

      ... I'm not saying "they're thieves" ... I'm not saying "they're liars" ... I'm not saying "they're completely dishonest."

      I'm just saying I've got a filing cabinet full of complete records from the Huna Research Associates over the years.

      I used to browse through it in my spare time ... very interesting reading!

      But that's OK.

      I don't mind people getting-the-word-out about the powerful Kahuna system to the general public.

      That's a good thing!

      ... and when people are "truly prepared"  ... you'll return to the source. *

      --Vince

      © 2008 Rev. James Vinson Wingo, DD

      * Nana I Ke Kumu
      ... "Look to the Source"

      Kahuna Secrets:
      * How to Quickly & Easily Remove Energy Blocks
      * How to Heal a Broken Bone *Instantly!*
      * Secrets of Manifesting Your Dreams Fast
      * Finding Your Life's Purpose
      * How to Create Unlimited Abundance
      * Creating Your Future

      "Kahuna Secrets of Psychic Power" Training ... on DVD"

      To "find-out more" follow the link below or copy and paste it into your browser:

      http://www.kahunaenergetics.com/kahunasecrets.html

    • Rev. James Vinson Wingo, DD
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 15, 2008
        --- On Wed, 10/15/08, Roger wrote:

        > True, my friend.  I have been disheartened by so many people claiming
        > "new" and "revolutionary" when it is the same old stuff with a different title.

        Aloha Roger,

        Yeah ... I used to get "disheartened."

        ... but "here's the deal."

        I've noticed that everyone is doing the best they can given the resources they have.

        And ...  I've noticed that people always have a positive (to them) reason for doing whatever they do ... even behaviors that might seem "negative" or "destructive" to you and me.

        So that means "we are all spiritually evolving along our current path."

        ... and maybe that's a good thing?

        "You choose!"

        --Vince

        © 2008 Rev. James Vinson Wingo, DD

        Kahuna Secrets:
        * How to Quickly & Easily Remove Energy Blocks
        * How to Heal a Broken Bone *Instantly!*
        * Secrets of Manifesting Your Dreams Fast
        * Finding Your Life's Purpose
        * How to Create Unlimited Abundance
        * Creating Your Future

        "Kahuna Secrets of Psychic Power" Training ... on DVD"

        To "find-out more" follow the link below or copy and paste it into your browser:

        http://www.kahunaenergetics.com/kahunasecrets.html

      • Julia
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 15, 2008
          I'm sorry Vince, but i absolutely disagree. The Course in Miracles stands on its own and was not a result of their reading "the sercet science behind miracles".  Have you read the course? Have you read the story about how the course came about ( its called "Absence of Felicity" for those who want to know.

          Although I agree that there are strong similiarities, And I have no reason to disbelief your report of their studies before the course was born.  But when you get to the truth, you will find that. All roads lead to Rome. You don't need to imply that Huna is the only road to Rome, Helen did not write the course based on her reading about Huna. Helen, actually did not write the course. If you read it, you will see that there is no way that is true.

          Julia

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 16, 2008
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 16, 2008
              Morning Vince,

              The book you mention is offered as a free download on Google Books if
              anyone is interested in looking at it.

              Regards,

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 18, 2008
                --- On Thu, 10/16/08, JD LeJeune wrote:

                > I'm very new to both schools of thought. But, perhaps it's just the ACIM
                > style of writing that clicks for me?

                Cool.

                ... you go with what works for you!

                > In the end I really feel that I need an experience of something other
                > than "this" to validate.

                Well, JD ... you know how I work.

                Let me know what you need to experience to validate, and I'll arrange it for you!

                Enjoy!

                --Vince

                © 2008 Rev. James Vinson Wingo, DD

                Real-Life Miracles on Demand: size

                * How to Quickly & Easily Remove Energy Blocks
                * How to Heal a Broken Bone *Instantly!*
                * Secrets of Manifesting Your Dreams Fast
                * Finding Your Life's Purpose
                * How to Create Unlimited Abundance
                * Creating Your Future
                * Experience the TRUTH behind the "Spirit World"

                Here's the True "Master's Secrets" of the Manifestation Process ...

                How this Proven Formula Works, and How You Can Put It To Work For YOU.

                To "find-out more" follow the link below or copy and paste it into your browser:

                http://www.kahunaenergetics.com/kahunasecrets.html

              • gajecka
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 19, 2008
                  Dear Julia

                  I'm have read the books of Max Freedom Long in the `80is and,
                  afterwards, I saw development of many spiritual way's. It was for me
                  like some one took a part of or one thing from the Huna and made a
                  knowledge of its self, like Raiki or Touch for Health. So far as I
                  know, Huna is for me that what contain Everything. Believe me, I have
                  been study a lot of this stuff in order to help myself.
                  I'm sorry Julia, but this is what I think and feel ( or maybe I'm so
                  much indoctrinated by Huna (☺) )

                  Barbara

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 19, 2008
                    Thanks for sharing, Barbara. One question: did you read the Course in Miracles?

                    I'm have read the books of Max Freedom Long in the `80is and,
                    afterwards, I saw development of many spiritual way's. It was for me
                    like some one took a part of or one thing from the Huna and made a
                    knowledge of its self, like Raiki or Touch for Health. So far as I
                    know, Huna is for me that what contain Everything. Believe me, I have
                    been study a lot of this stuff in order to help myself.
                    I'm sorry Julia, but this is what I think and feel ( or maybe I'm so
                    much indoctrinated by Huna (&#9786;) )

                    Barbara

                    I'm sorry Vince, but i absolutely disagree. The Course in Miracles
                    stands on its own and was not a result of their reading "the sercet
                    science behind miracles". Have you read the course? Have you read
                    the story about how the course came about ( its called "Absence of
                    Felicity" for those who want to know.

                    Although I agree that there are strong similiarities, And I have no
                    reason to disbelief your report of their studies before the course
                    was born. But when you get to the truth, you will find that. All
                    roads lead to Rome. You don't need to imply that Huna is the only
                    road to Rome, Helen did not write the course based on her reading
                    about Huna. Helen, actually did not write the course. If you read it,
                    you will see that there is no way that is true.

                    Julia

                    ------------------------------------

                    "A ohe pau ko ike i kou halau"
                    Think not that all wisdom is in your school.

                    Invite your friends to join!

                    "It's easy!" ...

                    ... just go to http://huna-ohana.com

                    Or send a blank email to Huna-Ohana-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                    © 2008 - All posts to The Huna Ohana group are the COPYRIGHTED PROPERTY of the
                    poster, and of this group, and are effectively protected from the date and time
                    of the post. Nothing may be repeated, forwarded, or distributed in any way
                    without the express permission of the author.Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:Huna-Ohana-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:Huna-Ohana-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • totion7
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 20, 2008
                      Uhhh..... did you miss what he said? I think you did.

                      ....He said, that he and his father have records of the two ACIM
                      writers purchasing the material. You can disagree all you want but it
                      isn't coincidental with what those people purchased and then wrote.
                      The ACIM material is Huna material with heavy doses of Christian
                      symbology frosted on top of it, all put together in lovely prose and
                      printed on Bible-esque paper. I don't mean to sound rude, but the ACIM
                      writers along with many other "divine source" transcribers are
                      charlatans.... why everybody panders to them I don't really understand.

                      The Seth material issue doesn't surprise me either. In fact the
                      majority of these big-time "channelers" just borrow from each other
                      and old material such as Huna to create their lectures... Lazaris,
                      Seth, Ramtha, Abraham. (Oh gasp, did I just say Abraham? Oops.) Its so
                      obvious. The only people who can't see it are those who have been
                      tricked by the miracles their lectures produce, but if those people
                      understood the SSBM then it wouldn't be as big of a surprise. They
                      would understand their miracles origins and be able to distinguish.

                      I'm not saying that everything which those people say are lies (more
                      like recycled truth) but the people who say them are not from the
                      higher origins that they claim to be.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 20, 2008
                        the people claim nothing. The book speaks for itself. Its not for everyone.

                      • ALEXANDER CAMACARO BELANDRIA
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 22, 2008
                          ALL THIS IS SO INSTERTING BUT WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO DISTRIBUTE ALL
                          THESE INFORMATION, WHEN WILL YOU TRANSLATE THIS TO SPANISH FOR
                          EXAMPLE, WHEN WILL YOU DO WHAT JOE VITALE DID SELLING ALL THIS
                          INFORMATION WHAT PEOPLE ARE AWAITING FOR IN LIBRARIES.

                          I LIVE IN VENEZUELA AND I FOUND JOE VITALE BOOK IN LIBRARIES BUT NO
                          YOURS DEAR VINCE I AM AWAITING FOR YOU. YAHOO GROUP ITS NOT ENOUGHT

                          CAMACARO ALEXANDER
                          MARACAIBO VENEZUELA

                          --- In Huna-Ohana@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. James Vinson Wingo, DD"