Water issue

  • golden_ferguson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2008
      Recently, an article appeared in the paper regarding the water issue
      here in town. Mention was made that the local water company was owned
      by Canadians. Do Canadians or any other other countries own land in
      Cochise County?

      A few years ago, while we were living in Kentucky, there was a
      controversy over the water company in Lexington. It was mentioned in a
      news article there that the water company was owned by a business group
      from Germany?

      It has always concerned me that many of our resources are sold /
      bartered to other countries....

      Just wonderin' ....

      Thanks,
      Golden
    • Gene E McCullough
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2008
        The water company in Huachuca City is owned and operated By Huachuca
        City. You need to read the information on the front page of this site.

        You may not live in the Town of Huachuca City. There are a large
        number of people who are serviced by the Huachuca City Post Office
        and utilize the 85616 ZIP Code; who are outside of the Huachuca City
        , city limits.

        Best Wishes Gene&Jan McCullough.

        --- In HuachucaCityAz@yahoogroups.com, "golden_ferguson"
        <Golden_Ferguson@...> wrote:

        > Recently, an article appeared in the paper regarding the water
        issue
        > here in town. Mention was made that the local water company was
        owned
        > by Canadians. Do Canadians or any other other countries own land in
        > Cochise County?
        >
        > A few years ago, while we were living in Kentucky, there was a
        > controversy over the water company in Lexington. It was mentioned
        in a
        > news article there that the water company was owned by a business
        group
        > from Germany?
        >
        > It has always concerned me that many of our resources are sold /
        > bartered to other countries....
        >
        > Just wonderin' ....
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Golden

      • whetstonearizona
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3 7:07 PM
          I don't know if anyone ever answered your question, but yes, a
          Canadian company, Algonquin, bought out Bella Vista (Sierra Vistas
          major water company) and took over operation of a large number of
          other, smaller companies. Huachuca City itself is not one of their
          customers, as the city has its own municipal water system.