Houston Investors Association Meeting, December 10, 2011

  • hia_moderator
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2011

      The monthly meeting of the Houston Investors Association will take place Saturday, December 10, 2011 at University Center on University of Houston Campus, Houston, TX.

      FEATURED PRESENTATION:

      400

      The December meeting will be the annual Stock Market Round Table, a discussion of market conditions and outlook by selected HIA members and invited guests.  Roundtable discussion panel members are Ken Woods, Steve Johnson, John Bott and Jeff Friedberg.

       Main program begins at 11.00. SIG programs begin at 8.30.

      HIA's December 10, 2011 Agenda

      – 08:30 AM –

      Stock Market SIG:  Speakers: Al Robison & Alice Van Dyke

      Topic:  "Market Discussion"

       Al will lead a discussion of this still difficult market and how we might conceivably make some money in it. Please bring your own best ideas, and we'll talk about them.

      Derivatives / Advanced Options SIG: Speaker: Jim McWilliams

      Topic: "When to exit a trade for a loss or to adjust the trade"

      Trading 101 SIG: Speakers: John Godell & Ron Stockstill

      Topics: "Review Big Picture and Analysis of Trading Opportunities "

      John and Ron will look at the "critical point" in trading.  Complete discussion on "current leverage" in the market and open a $200,000 Class Commodity Account and begin trading real time.

       - 09:30 AM –

      Evidence-Based Investing SIG: Will not be held this month.

      ETF & Market Outlook SIG:  Speaker: Jimmy Hixson

      Topic: Update on Market and possible changes in Medicare Supplement Policies

      Fixed Income SIG:  Speaker: John Bott  (Tri-Star Financial)

      Topic:   2012 Economic Predictions

        – 10:45 AM –

       Club Business: Speaker: Gus Salinas

       – 11:00 AM –

       Main Meeting:  Moderator: Al Robison

       Topic: Round Table Discussion

      The December meeting will be the annual Stock Market Round Table, a discussion of market conditions and outlook by selected HIA members and invited guests.  Roundtable discussion panel members are Ken Woods, Steve Johnson, John Bott and Jeff Friedberg.

       – 12:45 PM –

       Future/Commodities SIG: Featured Speaker: Phil Langford

      Topic: "To be Announced."

      see also the    Downloads from previous meetings

      Coffee and doughnuts at HIA meetings are generously provided by John Bott of Tri-Star Financial.

      The Houston Investors Association, founded in 1981, is a non-profit association of active investors with a wide range of investment experience and interests. Members meet monthly to exchange investment knowledge and ideas in an informal and friendly environment.

      Help Houston Investors Association grow!

      If you have benefited from the information and sharing at the HIA meetings, let your friends know about us. Invite a guest to join you at one of our monthly meetings. The first visit for guests is free; and let us know so we can make them feel at home.

      Want to Get More Involved?

      Houston Investors Association is a volunteer organization, and we can't survive without your help. Let us know whether you can just donate a couple of hours a year to assist at the meetings, or take a leadership role. Get involved and enjoy the satisfaction of helping your fellow Houstonians achieve secure financial futures.

      Leigh Anderson
      HIA Communications Director
      Questions? Email leigh@...

      http://www.houstoninvestors.com/

      This entry was posted in HIA Meetings by leigh. Bookmark the permalink.