Houston Investors Association Monthly Meeting 13 September

  • Moderator Houston Investors Association
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008

      If you have trouble reading this in email, please click http://tayara.com/hia/archives/95

      Monthly Meeting Notice

      The monthly meeting of the Houston Investors Association will take place Saturday, 13 September 2008 at Melcher Hall, on University of Houston Campus 4800 Calhoun Rd, Houston, TX. The main presentation begins at 11:00 AM, and the SIG meetings begin at 8:30 AM. Check the website Thursday prior to the meeting for the SIG topics and meeting room schedules. This month our featured speaker is

      Ron Rowland
      All Star Investor

      "The Dangers of ETFs and How to Avoid Them"

      Why market orders, stop-orders, market-on-close orders, etc. often do not have the desired effect when using many ETFs and how you can overcome those obstacles.

      Ron is the founder All Star Investor and serves as its Executive Editor.  He is also Chief Investment Officer of Capital Cities Asset Management (www.ccam.com).  Quoted by Forbes, Barron's, Kiplingers and the New York Times, Ron is the industry go-to guy for sector rotation insight.  Having run a hedge fund, a mutual fund, and now managed accounts, Ron has experience in both money management and investment publications.  Ron developed his own fund/equity momentum indicators while working as an engineer at IBM.  His All Star Fidelity Single Sector Strategy average returns are 19.6% for 17 years!

      Hulbert Finanical Digest has rated Ron's Single Sector Strategy #1 for many years.  It is the all-time leader among Fidelity Funds portfolios.

      Ron, former U.S. Investing Champion, earned his bachelor's in Computer and Electrical Engineering at the University of Cincinnati with additional studies at the University of Texas.  Ron has been publishing All Star Investor for the past 17 years.

      Help Houston Investors Association grow!

      If you have benefited from the information and sharing at the HIA meetings, let your friends know about us. Invite a guest to join you at one of our monthly meetings. The first visit for guests is free; and let us know so we can make them feel at home.

      Want to Get More Involved?

      Houston Investors Association is a volunteer organization, and we can't survive without your help. Let us know whether you can just donate a couple of hours a year to assist at the meetings, or take a leadership role. Get involved and enjoy the satisfaction of helping your fellow Houstonians achieve secure financial futures.
      The Houston Investors Association, founded in 1981, is a non-profit association of active investors with a wide range of investment experience and interests. Members meet monthly to exchange investment knowledge and ideas in an informal and friendly environment.
      Leigh Anderson HIA Communications hia@...
      http://www.houstoninvestors.com