Re: Black WIllow Food Plan

  • rosalindeofowlsnest
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1 2:44 AM
      Hi Everyone!

      I have uploaded a new Database for the 2012 Food Plan. You can hold off filling it out until you see the menu, if you wish! On the Database, under each day, I have listed the main parties for that evening. I know for some people that will sway their decision, as to whether they eat in camp that night or not. For each day's meals, please note if you are paying for breakfast and/or dinner,or none! Of course, do not feel like you are obligated to eat the camp meal plan! You pay, you eat... simple as that! :)

      I am still working on a menu; with a focus on easy, cheap & tasty! I figure it would be much easier and cheaper for one person to do the shopping, but it will be up to all of us to take turns doing the cooking & cleaning!

      Once I finalize the menu, which should be Thursday evening or Friday at the latest, I would appreciate feedback on it. If there is something that you don't like or object to, please speak up and say something! I will be figuring out a per meal cost, so if you don't want to eat every meal you don't have to. You just have to tell me upfront which meals you will be eating!!! It would help me out greatly, if you would be prepared to mail out your food money this weekend. Sorry for the short notice, but time is running out. That way I will get it in time for the start of the War and I can easily do the shopping! I will let you know how much the per meal cost is when I finish the menus, as quickly as possible.

      I will also be coming up with a list of cooking supplies & equipment, that we will need to run our camp kitchen. Please volunteer what you have & contribute where you can! This year we are all going to have to pitch in a bit more than usual to make it work!

      Any questions, comments or concerns???
      ~Rosalinde

      P.S. I am also working on the Camp Layout, so if anyone has any last minute changes they need to make to that database, please do so immediately! Thanks!

      --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "rosalindeofowlsnest" <lwebster123@...> wrote:

      > Okay, it sounds like more people want a meal plan of some sort than those who don't. I am going to put something together that will help us organize our food plan. Bear with me, cuz it might be a work in progress kind of thing for a day or two. :)
      >
      > ~Rosalinde
      >
      > --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, Kate Lukach <eva.sanchez.sca@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm not a good cook, but I'm always happy to assist or wash dishes :)
      > > -Eva
      > >
      > > On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM, John R. Clark IV <chule_balam@>wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > i can do a few meals but will need some people to contrubute funds....i
      > > > wll be able to cook tues thru fri as i arrive late monday and leave midday
      > > > fri
      > > >
      > > > Simon
      > > >
      > > > .
      > > > .
      > > > .
      > > > .
      > > > .
      > > > .
      > > > .
      > > > .
      > > >
      > > > www.wanderingshaman.com
      > > > http://wanderingshaman.blogspot.com/
      > > > http://www.facebook.com/simon.thewanderer

    • Kenneth de Kinardesferi
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1 11:42 AM
        A or C...

        Ken Ramsey
        Training Manager
        Hotel Equities
        41 Perimeter Center East
        Suite 510
        Atlanta, GA 30346
        Phone  404-925-1602
        Email   kramsey@...

        On Feb 25, 2012, at 1:34 AM, "rosalindeofowlsnest" <lwebster123@...> wrote:

        The one issue that we haven't discussed much, is with regards as to whether or not we will have a camp food plan this year. I have heard from a few people who would still like to make it work and some people who say they would like to fend for themselves, this year.

        I have not heard from anyone who has said they would like to run it this year. So in my opinion, that leaves us only a few options.

        A). Everyone fend for themselves for both meals: breakfast & dinner(evening meal). No group meals prepared!

        B). Each person volunteers to cook one meal during the war and assists with cooking and/or clean up during another meal: breakfast or dinner(evening meal). Two group meals per day!

        C). We make a group decision as to which meal is prepared in camp: breakfast OR dinner. One group meal per day!

        D). Any other suggestions??? Please give us your ideas and opinions!!

      • rosalindeofowlsnest
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2 12:28 PM
          Hi Everyone!!

          I have just uploaded to the Files Section,the "2012 Black Willow Meal Plans". The menus are tentative until I hear some feedback from you guys. Please fill out the new database for the "2012 Food Plan" based on these menus. This way I can gauge the level of interest for each day's menu and plan accordingly.

          This year each breakfast will be $3 and each dinner will be $5 ($8 for both meals)! Decide which meals you want to eat in advance and I will buy the food depending on the numbers eating each particular meal. No one has told me they have any allergies or dietary concerns, so if you do... please let me know immediately! I reserve the right to make substitutions, if something is not available or ends up being too expensive to make. I will try my best to keep everyone informed.

          It would help me out greatly, if you would be prepared to commit to which meals you are planning on eating and fill out the database ASAP!! Please mail out your food money this weekend, as things are a bit tight and I won't be able to purchase everything without money in advance. Sorry for the short notice, but time is running out. This way I will get the funds, in time for the start of the War, and I can easily do the shopping and precooking! If I don't hear from you and receive your money in time for me to do the shopping, you will not be included in the meal plan!! So sorry!

          Mail your meal plan money to:
          Lisa Webster
          100 Biscayne Drive
          Apartment B-3
          Atlanta, GA 30309

          Any questions, comments or concerns???
          ~Rosalinde

          P.S. I am also still working on the Camp Layout, so if anyone has any last minute changes they need to make to that database, please do so immediately! My plan is to have this posted by Sunday.