Re: [House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping] Re: Porta Potty

  • Eleri Cadarn
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2011
      The porty would be pumped twice a day and supplied by the company.  It would also not be located right on the roadway, so that would be a deterrent for everyone passing by to use it.

      Eleri

      From: Eleri Cadarn <eleri_cadarn@...>
      To: House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 8:57 AM

      So far everyone has voted YES on the porta potty.  Please cast your opinion so I have an idea of what everyone in camp wants.   If I don't hear anything else shortly I will assume that everyone else is ok with it and go ahead with the process of reserving it.  I have asked for some additional information from the autocrat about placement and such and will let everyone know.

      Thanks All!
      Eleri

      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2011
        Put me down as a yay.

        From: Eleri Cadarn <eleri_cadarn@...>
        Sender: House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:00:58 -0800 (PST)
        To: <House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com

        The porty would be pumped twice a day and supplied by the company.  It would also not be located right on the roadway, so that would be a deterrent for everyone passing by to use it.

        Eleri

        Put me down as yes too.  $15 sounds like a good deal

        One question for you, will we be responsible for supplying it (i.e. TP) or will the nasty crates still do that.

        kale

        So far everyone has voted YES on the porta potty.  Please cast your opinion so I have an idea of what everyone in camp wants.   If I don't hear anything else shortly I will assume that everyone else is ok with it and go ahead with the process of reserving it.  I have asked for some additional information from the autocrat about placement and such and will let everyone know.

        Thanks All!
        Eleri

        I can't speak for Thomas, but I would be willing to pay the extra for our own porta-potty.

        Elisenda

        On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Kate Lukach <eva.sanchez.sca@...> wrote:

        I'm also very willing to pay the $15 for the convenience, especially with no camp fee, I say that's a bargain :)
        -Eva

        On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:08 AM, rosalindeofowlsnest <lwebster123@...> wrote:

        Thank you for the warm welcomes!! :-)

        I too would be willing to pay extra money to have a camp porta potty!! The handicap sized would be my preference, as somehow they seem a bit less icky and are easier to "navigate" when dealing with long skirts. Honestly, I think the $15 will be well worth it. Not having to share the toilet with hundreds of people, some who may be sick, would be an awesome thing!!

        Rosalinde~

        --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Ailire" <Ailire1@...> wrote:

        > Duncan and I are totally willing to pay extra to have a handicap-sized porta potty for the camp.
        >
        > ~Ailire~
        >
        > --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Eleri" <eleri_cadarn@> wrote:

        <snipped>
        Second, we have the option to purchase a porta john for the camp this year. This is not common knowledge so the autocrat has asked that this information not be spread around. The cost, however, has gone up significantly. If we would like a handicap porty it will be between $12-$15 per adult (depends on final camp numbers). It would be pumped twice a day. I think this is a little steep, but it sure is nice to have around. So I am leaving it up to the group. We do not have a camp fee this year, so this could be considered the camp fee, but I hate to require anyone to put out that much extra per adult. Just let me know what you guys would like to do and we'll do it.
        <end snip>

        > > Much thanks to everyone!
        > > Eleri

      • Eleri Cadarn
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 19, 2011
          Ok....as of right now I only have one "not really, but I'll do it if everyone else wants to" =), and everyone else is a yes.  I have to tell them whether we want it or not this coming week, so I'm giving those that haven't answered a last chance to chime in.

          On another note, I am not sure of the best place to locate the porty.  There is not really a good place.  It's going to end up being close to someone's tent or the kitchen.  I'm trying to be creative, and I have a few ideas, but I just wanted to let the group know that it's going to be loud in camp when they pump it in the mornings and depending on which way the wind blows we might smell it (mainly the cleaning solution as it's pumped 2x a day, but it's still a smell).  I don't think this will be a big deal, but I just wanted to give the group an idea of the down side to having it in camp.

          If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me.

          Thanks,
          Eleri
          The porty would be pumped twice a day and supplied by the company.  It would also not be located right on the roadway, so that would be a deterrent for everyone passing by to use it.

          Eleri

          Put me down as yes too.  $15 sounds like a good deal

          One question for you, will we be responsible for supplying it (i.e. TP) or will the nasty crates still do that.

          kale

          So far everyone has voted YES on the porta potty.  Please cast your opinion so I have an idea of what everyone in camp wants.   If I don't hear anything else shortly I will assume that everyone else is ok with it and go ahead with the process of reserving it.  I have asked for some additional information from the autocrat about placement and such and will let everyone know.

          Thanks All!
          Eleri

          I can't speak for Thomas, but I would be willing to pay the extra for our own porta-potty.

          Elisenda

          On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Kate Lukach <eva.sanchez.sca@...> wrote:

          I'm also very willing to pay the $15 for the convenience, especially with no camp fee, I say that's a bargain :)
          -Eva

          On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:08 AM, rosalindeofowlsnest <lwebster123@...> wrote:

          Thank you for the warm welcomes!! :-)

          I too would be willing to pay extra money to have a camp porta potty!! The handicap sized would be my preference, as somehow they seem a bit less icky and are easier to "navigate" when dealing with long skirts. Honestly, I think the $15 will be well worth it. Not having to share the toilet with hundreds of people, some who may be sick, would be an awesome thing!!

          Rosalinde~

          --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Ailire" <Ailire1@...> wrote:

          > Duncan and I are totally willing to pay extra to have a handicap-sized porta potty for the camp.
          >
          > ~Ailire~
          >
          > --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Eleri" <eleri_cadarn@> wrote:

          <snipped>
          Second, we have the option to purchase a porta john for the camp this year. This is not common knowledge so the autocrat has asked that this information not be spread around. The cost, however, has gone up significantly. If we would like a handicap porty it will be between $12-$15 per adult (depends on final camp numbers). It would be pumped twice a day. I think this is a little steep, but it sure is nice to have around. So I am leaving it up to the group. We do not have a camp fee this year, so this could be considered the camp fee, but I hate to require anyone to put out that much extra per adult. Just let me know what you guys would like to do and we'll do it.
          <end snip>

          > > Much thanks to everyone!
          > > Eleri

        • Lillie
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 19, 2011
            Since we are going to actually be setting up across the street in the entourage camping area (which pretty much backs up to the bathouses anyway...I'm not personally amenable to paying extra for the port-a-john. Honestly, at $15 a head, I don't think I'd be interested if I were staying across the street...though I realize that I'm in the minority here. That just seems too expensive especially considering its not really a "private" bathroom anyway.

            Thank you,
            Leyli

            --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, Eleri Cadarn <eleri_cadarn@...> wrote:

            > Ok....as of right now I only have one "not really, but I'll do it if everyone else wants to" =), and everyone else is a yes.  I have to tell them whether we want it or not this coming week, so I'm giving those that haven't answered a last chance to chime in.
            >
            > On another note, I am not sure of the best place to locate the porty.  There is not really a good place.  It's going to end up being close to someone's tent or the kitchen.  I'm trying to be creative, and I have a few ideas, but I just wanted to let the group know that it's going to be loud in camp when they pump it in the mornings and depending on which way the wind blows we might smell it (mainly the cleaning solution as it's pumped 2x a day, but it's still a smell).  I don't think this will be a big deal, but I just wanted to give the group an idea of the down side to having it in camp.
            >
            > If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Eleri

          • Eleri Cadarn
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 19, 2011
              Thank you Leyli.  I had thought, like you, that entouage camping was close to the bathhouse, so my plan was to only charge those that want to use it for the week.  It will be reliable, clean, close, and large.  Anyone in entourage that would like to take advantage of that is welcome, but not required.

              Eleri

              Since we are going to actually be setting up across the street in the entourage camping area (which pretty much backs up to the bathouses anyway...I'm not personally amenable to paying extra for the port-a-john. Honestly, at $15 a head, I don't think I'd be interested if I were staying across the street...though I realize that I'm in the minority here. That just seems too expensive especially considering its not really a "private" bathroom anyway.

              Thank you,
              Leyli

              --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, Eleri Cadarn <eleri_cadarn@...> wrote:

              > Ok....as of right now I only have one "not really, but I'll do it if everyone else wants to" =), and everyone else is a yes.  I have to tell them whether we want it or not this coming week, so I'm giving those that haven't answered a last chance to chime in.
              >
              > On another note, I am not sure of the best place to locate the porty.  There is not really a good place.  It's going to end up being close to someone's tent or the kitchen.  I'm trying to be creative, and I have a few ideas, but I just wanted to let the group know that it's going to be loud in camp when they pump it in the mornings and depending on which way the wind blows we might smell it (mainly the cleaning solution as it's pumped 2x a day, but it's still a smell).  I don't think this will be a big deal, but I just wanted to give the group an idea of the down side to having it in camp.
              >
              > If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Eleri

            • Eleri Cadarn
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 19, 2011
                Oh, and the more people we get the cheaper it will be for everyone. $15 was the high end.  I'm hoping it won't be that much =)

                Thank you Leyli.  I had thought, like you, that entouage camping was close to the bathhouse, so my plan was to only charge those that want to use it for the week.  It will be reliable, clean, close, and large.  Anyone in entourage that would like to take advantage of that is welcome, but not required.

                Eleri

                Since we are going to actually be setting up across the street in the entourage camping area (which pretty much backs up to the bathouses anyway...I'm not personally amenable to paying extra for the port-a-john. Honestly, at $15 a head, I don't think I'd be interested if I were staying across the street...though I realize that I'm in the minority here. That just seems too expensive especially considering its not really a "private" bathroom anyway.

                Thank you,
                Leyli

                --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, Eleri Cadarn <eleri_cadarn@...> wrote:

                > Ok....as of right now I only have one "not really, but I'll do it if everyone else wants to" =), and everyone else is a yes.  I have to tell them whether we want it or not this coming week, so I'm giving those that haven't answered a last chance to chime in.
                >
                > On another note, I am not sure of the best place to locate the porty.  There is not really a good place.  It's going to end up being close to someone's tent or the kitchen.  I'm trying to be creative, and I have a few ideas, but I just wanted to let the group know that it's going to be loud in camp when they pump it in the mornings and depending on which way the wind blows we might smell it (mainly the cleaning solution as it's pumped 2x a day, but it's still a smell).  I don't think this will be a big deal, but I just wanted to give the group an idea of the down side to having it in camp.
                >
                > If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Eleri

              • JOHN STRAIGHT
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 19, 2011
                  I vote No on the porta potty I am one who has to make a 3 in the morning run to the bathroom every night but the smell and the banging door is not something that I am looking forward to

                  Sean

                  The porty would be pumped twice a day and supplied by the company.  It would also not be located right on the roadway, so that would be a deterrent for everyone passing by to use it.

                  Eleri

                  Put me down as yes too.  $15 sounds like a good deal

                  One question for you, will we be responsible for supplying it (i.e. TP) or will the nasty crates still do that.

                  kale

                  So far everyone has voted YES on the porta potty.  Please cast your opinion so I have an idea of what everyone in camp wants.   If I don't hear anything else shortly I will assume that everyone else is ok with it and go ahead with the process of reserving it.  I have asked for some additional information from the autocrat about placement and such and will let everyone know.

                  Thanks All!
                  Eleri

                  I can't speak for Thomas, but I would be willing to pay the extra for our own porta-potty.

                  Elisenda

                  On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Kate Lukach <eva.sanchez.sca@...> wrote:

                  I'm also very willing to pay the $15 for the convenience, especially with no camp fee, I say that's a bargain :)
                  -Eva

                  On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:08 AM, rosalindeofowlsnest <lwebster123@...> wrote:

                  Thank you for the warm welcomes!! :-)

                  I too would be willing to pay extra money to have a camp porta potty!! The handicap sized would be my preference, as somehow they seem a bit less icky and are easier to "navigate" when dealing with long skirts. Honestly, I think the $15 will be well worth it. Not having to share the toilet with hundreds of people, some who may be sick, would be an awesome thing!!

                  Rosalinde~

                  --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Ailire" <Ailire1@...> wrote:

                  > Duncan and I are totally willing to pay extra to have a handicap-sized porta potty for the camp.
                  >
                  > ~Ailire~
                  >
                  > --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Eleri" <eleri_cadarn@> wrote:

                  <snipped>
                  Second, we have the option to purchase a porta john for the camp this year. This is not common knowledge so the autocrat has asked that this information not be spread around. The cost, however, has gone up significantly. If we would like a handicap porty it will be between $12-$15 per adult (depends on final camp numbers). It would be pumped twice a day. I think this is a little steep, but it sure is nice to have around. So I am leaving it up to the group. We do not have a camp fee this year, so this could be considered the camp fee, but I hate to require anyone to put out that much extra per adult. Just let me know what you guys would like to do and we'll do it.
                  <end snip>

                  > > Much thanks to everyone!
                  > > Eleri

                • Price Lawrence
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 19, 2011

                    Aela and I vote no as well. It isn't the money so much as the idea that it will be next to someones tent, the smell, and that there are others pretty close by.
                    Gwydion

                    Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

> [...]

                    > ~Ailire~
                    >
                    > --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Eleri" <eleri_cadarn@> wrote:

                    <snipped>
                    Second, we have the option to purchase a porta john for the camp this year. This is not common knowledge so the autocrat has asked that this information not be spread around. The cost, however, has gone up significantly. If we would like a handicap porty it will be between $12-$15 per adult (depends on final camp numbers). It would be pumped twice a day. I think this is a little steep, but it sure is nice to have around. So I am leaving it up to the group. We do not have a camp fee this year, so this could be considered the camp fee, but I hate to require anyone to put out that much extra per adult. Just let me know what you guys would like to do and we'll do it.

                  • Doug & Rachel
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 21, 2011

                      I understand everyone else's concerns about the noise and smells.  And the proximity of the portojohns at the Green Dragon makes it seem unnecessary at first glance.  However, two years ago, I was written up because I let my kids walk over there unattended.  Even though the kids were within sight and sound, "they" decided that the intersection was too busy for children to traverse alone.

                      So, as a parent who doesn't want to drop everything to walk my kids 50 feet to the bathroom every time they have to go, I say yes to the portajohn in camp.

                      Ailleagan

                      The porty would be pumped twice a day and supplied by the company.  It would also not be located right on the roadway, so that would be a deterrent for everyone passing by to use it.

                      Eleri

                      Put me down as yes too.  $15 sounds like a good deal

                      One question for you, will we be responsible for supplying it (i.e. TP) or will the nasty crates still do that.

                      kale

                      So far everyone has voted YES on the porta potty.  Please cast your opinion so I have an idea of what everyone in camp wants.   If I don't hear anything else shortly I will assume that everyone else is ok with it and go ahead with the process of reserving it.  I have asked for some additional information from the autocrat about placement and such and will let everyone know.

                      Thanks All!
                      Eleri

                      I can't speak for Thomas, but I would be willing to pay the extra for our own porta-potty.

                      Elisenda

                      On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Kate Lukach <eva.sanchez.sca@...> wrote:

                      I'm also very willing to pay the $15 for the convenience, especially with no camp fee, I say that's a bargain :)
                      -Eva

                      On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:08 AM, rosalindeofowlsnest <lwebster123@...> wrote:

                      Thank you for the warm welcomes!! :-)

                      I too would be willing to pay extra money to have a camp porta potty!! The handicap sized would be my preference, as somehow they seem a bit less icky and are easier to "navigate" when dealing with long skirts. Honestly, I think the $15 will be well worth it. Not having to share the toilet with hundreds of people, some who may be sick, would be an awesome thing!!

                      Rosalinde~

                      --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Ailire" <Ailire1@...> wrote:

                      > Duncan and I are totally willing to pay extra to have a handicap-sized porta potty for the camp.
                      >
                      > ~Ailire~
                      >
                      > --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Eleri" <eleri_cadarn@> wrote:

                      <snipped>
                      Second, we have the option to purchase a porta john for the camp this year. This is not common knowledge so the autocrat has asked that this information not be spread around. The cost, however, has gone up significantly. If we would like a handicap porty it will be between $12-$15 per adult (depends on final camp numbers). It would be pumped twice a day. I think this is a little steep, but it sure is nice to have around. So I am leaving it up to the group. We do not have a camp fee this year, so this could be considered the camp fee, but I hate to require anyone to put out that much extra per adult. Just let me know what you guys would like to do and we'll do it.
                      <end snip>

                      > > Much thanks to everyone!
                      > > Eleri

                    • Wanda W
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 21, 2011
                        Diolach and I are a yes for the camp porta potty also. I am soory for the late reply.

                        --- In House_Blackwillow_Gulfwars_Camping@yahoogroups.com, "Doug & Rachel" <glenheather@...> wrote:

                        > I understand everyone else's concerns about the noise and smells. And the proximity of the portojohns at the Green Dragon makes it seem unnecessary at first glance. However, two years ago, I was written up because I let my kids walk over there unattended. Even though the kids were within sight and sound, "they" decided that the intersection was too busy for children to traverse alone.
                        >
                        > So, as a parent who doesn't want to drop everything to walk my kids 50 feet to the bathroom every time they have to go, I say yes to the portajohn in camp.
                        >
                        > Ailleagan

                      • Kenneth de Kinardesferi
                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 22, 2011
                          I vote yes as well.  Even with the negatives I think it's just a huge conveyance to have in camp.

                          Kenneth