RE: [Hostow_Galicia_Village] Hello

  • grecko1
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2013

      Hi Emily,

      Nice to hear from you.

      I looked through the list of surnames you provided  and whilst I’ve seen a lot of Hostow/Hostiv surnames  I didn’t  actually  recognise any of  them – Some of the names look a little similar to  some of seen , but  are too different.

      Would it be possible for you  to confirm which of the surnames listed  you believe are  Hostow origin (on passenger lists).   Were any other village names mentioned in records?  Perhaps you can upload(onto website) one of the passenger list records with Hostow on it so we can make further comment.

      Cheers

      Steve