Mayors of Ottynia

  • alexander_bauknecht
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2011
      I've received an e-mail from Phil Spiegel, the author of the website
      http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Ottynia/ottynia.htm, who wrote me:

      "When I visited Ottynia in 1999 I met Mykkhailo Khavlyuk who was the mayor at the time. He bave a copy of the history of the town that he had written. I had it translated into English.

      From his history I find that at the end of World War I in November 1918 Muchailo Lashchuk was elected head of the town administration. At the beginning of 1920 the head of the Ottynia city council was Ryskalchuk [I've also found Ryskalchyk]. In 1926 Petro Salanetsky became burgermeister.

      Khavlyuk also states: "In 1936 the burgermeister was Adolf Dostal the Czech and in 1938 Bauknecht the German".

      This Bauknecht was my grandfather - Emmerich Wilhelm (1892-1966) and I'm looking for any information about him. I've tried to find Mykkhailo Khavlyuk, who has written a book about Ottynia or
      Mykola Vasylchuk, the editor of this book but without
      success.