Ivano Franko - a blacksmiths son

  • Grecko
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2009
      HI Don,
      Just noticed on Wikipedia - Ivan Yakovych Franko

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Franko

      "Franko was born in Naguievychi (Ukrainian: Íàãóºâè÷³) in Austrian-controlled eastern Galicia, today part of the Lviv Oblast (province of Ukraine), and was the son of a village blacksmith, of German ancestry".

      So he was the son of a blacksmith! This might explain part of how he came to spent so much time with the village backsmith in Hostiv?

      Cheers,

      Steve
    • Don Moskaluk
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2009
        That could be.  I just looking at trying to look at facts.  Franko bust is in Hostiv.  What would motivate him to come to Hostiv?  Girls? Blacksmith? Politics? not sure.  We may need to find a history detective.  But that was good find thanks.

        Don

        Just noticed on Wikipedia - Ivan Yakovych Franko

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Franko

        "Franko was born in Naguievychi (Ukrainian: Íàãóºâè÷³) in Austrian-controlled eastern Galicia, today part of the Lviv Oblast (province of Ukraine), and was the son of a village blacksmith, of German ancestry".

        So he was the son of a blacksmith! This might explain part of how he came to spent so much time with the village backsmith in Hostiv?

        Cheers,

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: