Re: [Hostow_Galicia_Village] Tarnawica Polna roots

  • J.Tanchyk
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
      Hi

      Thank you for the information in regards to the LDS microfilms. This will be my major research  project for the new year....

      Season's Greetings,
      C.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008

        Hi C

        Church of Latter Day Saints (LDS  - Mormons) microfilms related to the area that I’m aware of are shown below. Please be aware that these files are not complete with many years missing in some sections.

        i.                     2039892  -  Ksiegi Metrykalne 1838-1946.  ¾ of the way through the film you will reach a section that covers teh Parish of Tarnowica Polna.  Here you will find some Births in Hostow and Tarnowica Polna.  Tarnowica Polna Deaths and some Marriage records (1905-1946).

        ii.                   2328803  ( this has some birth info that goes back to 1785)

        iii.                  2039933

        The Spis familij reference in (I think) microfilm 2039892 is probably the best pace to start.

        You can check the detailed as you know  from site;

        http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

        The following links will  assist in you interpreting information found on microfilms;

        http://www.jri-poland.org/galicia/GalicianVitalRecords_Titles_Nov2002.pdf

        http://www.polishroots.org/reference/translating.htm

        Kind Regards,

        Steve Grzegorczyn

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 19, 2008

          In regard to the steps required to undertake research the Toronto Ukrainian Genealogical Group have a very good structured process at;

          http://www.torugg.org/Researching%20Your%20Roots/researching_roots_steps.html#introduction

          Cheers,

          Steve