RE: [Hostow_Galicia_Village] Celinski/Lochka from Lewkowce, Poland

  • grecko1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2008

      Hi Carol,

      Suspect the best way to find information about your ancestors is to firstly undertake some research(speak to everyone you know) and  construct a  family tree. Once this is done, visit the village of interest. I hope to achieve this in the next few years.

      I don’t have any historical knowledge of whether there was any systematic removal of people from the Hostów(Hostiv now) area to Siberia . However, I understand that at least one person from Hostów/Tarnowica Polna was sent there.  Suspect the ancestral area of your relatives was around Kamienets – which was quite a distance east from the Tlumacz administration district. The names you mention (Celinski and Lochka) are not names I can recollect seeing in any of the records I’ve seen.

      Wouldn’t it  be good to have a phone directory translated to English of our ancestral villages?  I’m not really familiar with Cyrillic script – but suspect I may need to gain an elementary understanding in future.

      The village of Hostów (Hostiv) today has around half the population of Pre – War Hostów(Hostiv)

      Regards

      Steven Grzegorczyn