Celinski/Lochka from Lewkowce, Poland

  • Carol Dove
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25 9:13 AM
      Hi group,

      I am looking for my family members that may remain in the area. Feb.
      10, 1940 my family were sent to Siberia on Stalins orders. In 1951 we
      left England for the USA where I was born. I look forward to learning
      what life today is like and hearing of others past.

      Carol Celinska Dove, Connecticut, USA
    • grecko1
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28 12:28 AM

        Hi Carol,

        Suspect the best way to find information about your ancestors is to firstly undertake some research(speak to everyone you know) and  construct a  family tree. Once this is done, visit the village of interest. I hope to achieve this in the next few years.

        I don’t have any historical knowledge of whether there was any systematic removal of people from the Hostów(Hostiv now) area to Siberia . However, I understand that at least one person from Hostów/Tarnowica Polna was sent there.  Suspect the ancestral area of your relatives was around Kamienets – which was quite a distance east from the Tlumacz administration district. The names you mention (Celinski and Lochka) are not names I can recollect seeing in any of the records I’ve seen.

        Wouldn’t it  be good to have a phone directory translated to English of our ancestral villages?  I’m not really familiar with Cyrillic script – but suspect I may need to gain an elementary understanding in future.

        The village of Hostów (Hostiv) today has around half the population of Pre – War Hostów(Hostiv)

        Regards

        Steven Grzegorczyn