81RE: [Hostow_Galicia_Village] where is Karalufka,

  • grecko1
    Sep 1, 2013

      Hi,

      It is actually quite hard sometimes to confirm the actual location of your ancestral village due to there being more than one village that is spelt the same or similar.

      Others may be able to add more

      http://dir.icm.edu.pl/pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_III/

      (Key in page 853 and 854 and you will find some references  for  Karolówka -  Karolo~wka)

      The village name on the site should have been spelt  Korolo~wka instead of  Karolo~wka, which has now been corrected.  The village Korolówka (Korolo~wka) is now known also as Korolivka on one current Ukrainian map

      I hope this may be of some help

      Steve