      From: grecko1 <grecko1@...>
      To: Hostow_Galicia_Village@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 6:45:53 AM
      Subject: RE: [Hostow_Galicia_Village] I've noticed that Moskaluk name is not part of the town of Hostiw

      Hi Don,

      Thought I would note that apart from my surname Grzegorczyn.  Smiegel(or Szmigiel) is also in my family tree, as are the following;

      Szeremeta, Marsylewicz, Markiewicz, Andrzejczuk, Ostryzniuk, Krzyszczuk, Wdowiak, Hajdasz, Fediuk, Holij, Chryn, Gacek.  I’m sure many with a Polish spelt name living in Poland have a Ukranian spelling for those that may have remained in Hostow.  I came across a version of what I believe may be my  surname for people that may still still in Ottynia (not far from Hostow/Hostiv) and it was spelt “Hrehorashen”. In Ukrainian the G changes to a H. Another Ottynian name is Markovych which may be Markiewicz in Poland .   I must admit it still amazes me  that  Jan, Ivan and John is one and the same – my fathers name was Jan.

      Some Moskolnik’s also live in Argentina – site link is in the links on the web site. However, the direct page that may interest you is;

      http://surnames.rutrin.com.ar/m.htm

      it also lists a few versions of your surname.   Its worth noting that quite of few people from Hostow immigrated to Argentina .

      Whilst the following site;

      http://www.elaguilablanca.com.ar/elaguila/elaguila-proyec2.html

      is in Spanish, it clearly shows the following  people being in Argentina in 1920

      Allí aparecen los señores Adam Whon, Juan Raczkowski, Antonio Fassa, Antonio Antoniow, Juan Kruchowski, Juan Zach, Miguel Gregorczyn, Juan Huk, Pedro Soja, Antonio Terlecki, Miguel Antoniow, Martín Wdowiak, Pablo Hajdasz, Floriano Idzi, Pedro Maruniak, Wojciech Wdowiak

      The names of Hajdarz, Wdowiak, Huk and Gregorczyn  in my opinion are all likely to have immigrated from Hostow / Tarnowica Polna and are somehow related to many of us in the group.   Addresses/phone numbers appear to be accessible over the internet(white pages) when I looked some time back for those in Buenos Aires . I actually found 3 Gregorczyn addresses and phone numbers when I looked.

      Earlier this year I was planning my own trip to Hostow. It was to follow a trip to England with an elderly relative. However, the England trip fell through due to health issues.  It may be back on the agenda some time next year or the year after.

      It would be great if during you Hostow/ Hostiv  visit you would be kind enough to advertise the web site in the Hostow Post office and at the Hostow museum which I understand has opened.  I hope your Ukrainian and Cyrillic script is doing well??

      Good Luck

      Kind Regards,

      Steve Grzegorczyn