      Date of Arrival: Jun 16, 1899
      Age at Arrival:  24y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  S
      Ship of Travel: H.H. Meier
      Port of Departure: Bremen
      Manifest Line Number: 0013

      My father has always told me he was from near Tarnopol. Do either of these places, Podkamien or Tarnopol, fall into the area of interest of this Group. It may be that the Galicia_ Poland-Ukraine Group is a better match for me.

      Mitch Berdinka

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: grecko1
      Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:14 PM
      Subject: RE: [Hostow_Galicia_Village] Searching For Family Roots

      Hi Mitch,

      Thanks for joining the group. I suspect you don’t have specific information relating to your ancestral village – Do you know your grandfathers ancestral village?

       I haven’t heard of the surname before however, I did go to the maxipages link below

      http://maxpages. com/bpbs/ BOBA_thru_ BOZY

      and found the following researcher looking at Borodenko

      BORODENKO
      Contact Henryk Drewniak

      emdrew@.... pl

      This is certainly worth a look.

      Also joining the Polish Border Surnames site ( see B below)

      And /OR  joining

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Galicia_ Poland-Ukraine/ ?yguid=268000176

      is worth considering.

      Posting a question on either the Polish Border Surnames or the Galicia_Poland_ Ukraine would be a good step forward.

      I recommend that you first undertake some research to confirm your ancestral village(if you are able), and quote this as well when asking questions.

      Hope this is of some assistance

      Good Luck,

      Steve

      A.

      http://maxpages. com/poland

      Through this site you can find other people researching same or similar surnames.

      B.

      HOW TO SUBSCRIBE to Polish Border Surnames user group

      C.

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Galicia_ Poland-Ukraine/

      Through this site you can ask questions to the group – there are some very knowledgeable people on this 900+ member site who will be able to guide you on best way to find Canadian and US records.

      D.

      http://www.stankiew icze.com/ ludobojstwo/ galicja.html

      Map of East Galicia Administration districts

      E.

      http://www.familyse arch.org/

      LDS site for accessing micro films containing village birth, death and marriage  records.