[NEXT WED] Become a Grass Farmer- free pasture sticks at Redmond, WA farm tour
Meet a grass farmer extraordinaire—and become one yourself! Learn about simple Hub and Spoke Grazing on Wednesday, June 8, from 7 pm to 9 pm, in Redmond, WA
Meet this farm owner who manages horse and pasture health carefully, with low-tech, hands-on methods. Join Alayne Blickle of Horses for Clean Water and the King Conservation District at this FREE farm tour to:
· Learn about managing older horses or ones with metabolic issues like Cushings or Equine Metabolic Syndrome on pasture.
· Find out how to get rid of pasture weeds without chemicals.
· Manage horse pastures to make them more productive with less mud in the winter.
· See a chore-efficient, eco-friendly way to graze and manage small, WET horse pastures.
· Receive a free pasture stick, a tool to help manage healthy pastures, and learn how to utilize it.
· BONUS: Learn about trail riding in the Redmond Watershed, adjacent to this property.
Register and receive directions at 425-282-1949 or signup@....
More upcoming FREE educational events also with Alayne Blickle:
[THIS SAT—STILL ROOM!] Join Alayne Blickle of Horses for Clean Water and the King Conservation District at Happy Tails Ranch in North Bend, WA, THIS SATURDAY, June 4, from 10 am to noon.
See horse and livestock keeping at this beautiful 5 acre farm, a past recipient of the King Conservation District’s Wildlife Farm of the Year award. We will cover:
· Horsekeeping for three Quarter Horses, ridden regularly between local roads, trails, and arenas.
· Beautiful Scottish Highlander cattle with their long hair and huge horns (the wooly mammoths of cattle!) which are managed as grass fed beef.
· Mud management on livestock paddocks, pasture management (all a trick in a wet year!) and composting using cement compost bins.
· Chickens and gardening woven together.
· Forestry for 2.5 acres of the property managed for their own lumber, firewood, and for wildlife—the elk, coyotes, birds and other creatures appreciate this.
· Find out about King Conservation District resources--FREE, non-regulatory technical assistance including cost-sharing, manure spreader rental , hay probe & more!
Join us this Saturday morning for Starbucks coffee and meet these Mt Si landowners. Register and receive directions at 425-282-1949 or signup@....
FALL CITY, WA
Tuesday, June 7, 6:30 – 8:45 pm
CLASS: The Chore-Efficient Horse Property Look at considerations for siting and laying out your barn and horse facilities, as well as ideas on how to make it more chore efficient. We’ll cover drainage options, footing materials, optimal locations for facilities, and more. Make your barn mud-free, a pleasure to look at and enjoy as well as easy to care for—summer or winter! Fall City Library. FREE! Details & registration: Greg.Rabourn@... or 206-296-1923.
Alayne Renee Blickle
Creator & Program Director
Horses for Clean Water