STILL ROOM- 8/5 TOUR, 1.25-ac Horse Farm, MAPLE VALL EY, WA
- WED, AUG 5 Small Acreage Horse Farm Tour - Sogge Family Farm in Maple
Join the King Conservation District & Horses for Clean Water on Wednesday,
August 5th, 6:30 8:30 pm for this FREE educational adventure. Tour the
Sogge Family Farm in Maple Valley, WA to learn about:
a.. Low tech, budget-minded ways to manage small acreage horse properties
b.. Cost-shared, refurbished paddocks with gravel & hogfuel footing
c.. Gutters with outletted downspouts
d.. Composting horse manure & uses for the finished product
e.. Compost bins located for chore efficiency
f.. Stall mats & no bedding use
g.. Winter turnout area that doubles for riding
h.. Walk-behind field mower
i.. Management for small, droughty pastures
j.. Ideas on how to incorporate kids into horsekeeping
Children with parents are encouraged to join this tour! Supervised kids
activity stations include:
1) Pot maker with compost plant a marigold seed!
2) Tarping a mini manure pile an edible activity!
3) Shavings v.s. pellets bedding comparison fun & interesting!
4) Wildlife exercise the importance of snags!
5) Horses for Clean Water coloring pages for kids of all ages!
WHERE: Maple Valley, WA (please RSVP for directions)
WHEN: Wednesday, August 5th, 6:30 8:30 pm
REGISTRATION & DIRECTIONS: Contact the King Conservation District at
425-282-1949 or signup@....
VIEW PHOTOS OF THIS FARM AT:
Alayne Renee Blickle
Horses for Clean Water
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]