Fall Workshops -- from the Snohomish Conservation District

  • Alayne Renee Blickle
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2001
      Two New Fall Workshops
      Brought to You by the Snohomish Conservation District

      Fall Pasture Management

      When: Wednesday, Sept 12th, 6 - 8 pm
      Where: Arlington Boys & Girls Club
      Cost: Free

      Topics:
      When to Renovate Your Pasture
      Liming in the Fall
      Weed Control
      More Grass, Less Mud
      Fall Grazing Management

      Speaker:
      Marty Chaney, forage agronomist from the USDA Natural Resource
      Conservation Service, is the principle trainer for all pasture
      technicians on the west side of the state.
      Marty is the co-author of 'Pasture & Hayland Management', and the
      author of
      'Common Grasses, Legumes & Forbs for Western Washington and Oregon.'

      Backyard Woodlot Class

      When: Wednesday, October 24th, 6 - 9 pm
      Where: Arlington Boys & Girls Club
      Cost: Free

      Topics:
      What Can I Do With My Trees & Forest Health -- Jerry Smith, NRCS
      Staying Out of Trouble When Harvesting Your Trees -- DNR
      The proposed, new Snohomish County regulations regarding Forest Land
      Conversion -- Tom Rowe, Snohomish County PDS

      To register: call the SCD at 425-335-5634, ext 4

      For more information contact:
      Lois Ruskell
      Information & Education Coordinator
      Snohomish Conservation District
      528 - 91st Ave NE, Ste A
      Everett, WA 98205
      Phone 425-335-5634, ext 108

      All classes are provided free of charge.
      Funding for these events is provided by the Stillaguamish Clean Water
      District through
      Snohomish County Public Works - Surface Water Management Division.