Cougars, Coyotes & Bears, Oh My! PUBLIC LECTURE, 11/18
- Cougars, Coyotes & Bears, Oh My! Living With Predators in the Rural Areas.
Tuesday, November 18th, 6:30-9:30pm, FREE! Carco Theatre in Renton, WA. To
register & receive directions contact the King Conservation District at
206-764-3410, ext. 125 or Roseanne.Campagna@....
Learn about the predators native to Western Washington and find out how you
can keep your farm, animals & family safe from these animals.
öWildlife biologist Rocky Spencer from Washington Department of Fish and
Wildlife will be the first speaker. Rocky, the dangerous game manager for Western
Washington, spent the past 8 years studying the lives of cougars in the Cedar
and Green Watersheds. Rocky will cover the larger predators including bears,
cougars, coyotes and bobcats.
öWildlife biologist Dave Pehling from WSU Cooperative Extension will cover
the smaller predators. Dave, an educator for many years, is well known for his
entertaining and knowledgeable presentations on animals. Dave will cover
smaller predators including raccoons, opossums, raptors, skunks & neighborhood
Ú Neighborhood dogs.
Topics & questions that will be covered:
· Are you concerned about your kids playing in the woods where you know
there are Black Bears?
· Do you worry about loosing livestock to coyote or cougar attacks?
· Do you & your neighbors regularly loose cats & assume the coyotes are
· Does it worry you to trail ride in areas known to have cougars?
· Can bobcats attack your barn cats?
· Would you like to diagnose who's been doing the killing?
· Would you like to learn techniques to keep these predators off your
· Are you interested in learning more about the needs and biology of these
Learn about the predators in your backyard as well as what to do to minimize
encounters with them and how to protect yourself, your family and your animals
from potential harm.
Tuesday, November 18th, 6:30-9:30pm, FREE! Carco Theatre in Renton, WA.
Contact the King Conservation District at 206-764-3410, ext. 125 or
For more information on Horses for Clean Water:
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]