HORSE POWER is coming…

  • ARBlickle@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2003
      Horse Power: Celebrating The Horse at Work
      White River Valley Museum
      Auburn, Washington
      July 9 to November 2, 2003
      Alayne Renee Blickle, guest curator

      In the Northwest, horses were the mechanism for bringing early European
      settlers to the area via land routes. Since then, horses have been helping to
      cultivate and develop our land as well as shape society. Horse Power: Celebrating
      The Horse at Work, on display at the White River Valley Museum, in Auburn,
      Washington, July 9th through November 2nd, explores the dynamic link between
      horses and humans in the Northwest by looking at the many ways we have depended
      on and interacted with equines in our everyday lives. The exhibit features
      forty historic photographs selected from regional museums and archives. From
      images of a horse-drawn ambulance in downtown Seattle, to horses seine-fishing
      the Columbia River, to a horse and woman drinking from a Pioneer Square drinking
      fountain, Horse Power introduces visitors to the range of services once
      provided by the horse.

      July 9 to November 2, 2003
      Open Wednesday through Sunday, Noon to 4 PM
      Adults $2.00, Seniors and Children, $1.00, Wednesdays Free

      White River Valley Museum
      Auburn Community Campus at Les Gove Park
      918 H Street SE
      Auburn WA 98002
      253 288-7433 www.wrvmuseum.org

      Supported by the Alhadeff Foundation and the White River Valley Historical
      Society.

      For more information on Horses for Clean Water: Alayne Blickle, Program
      Director, 425-432-6116, ARBlickle@..., <A HREF="www.HorsesforCleanWater.com">www.HorsesforCleanWater.com</A>. Horses for
      Clean Water offers horsekeeping education on topics such as pasture, manure
      and mud management. Checkout the website for free handouts on mud management,
      natural insect control and composting manure.