New 1978 CB400a owners

  • Tim Hodge
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2004
      Hello,
      Well, first let me introduce "us".
      Maria and I have been co-riders for 4 years now. I am a radar
      systems engineer and Maria is a medical school externship coordinator.

      We are co-riders on a 2001 GL1800 Honda Goldwing w/ trailer.
      Together we have logged about 50,000 miles(smiles)touring on our bike.
      We have vacationed the last three years on the back of the bike and
      love every minute of it.

      However, now I am trying to encourage her to get her own bike license
      so she can enjoy the feeling of being in control and not just looking
      at the back of my helmet!

      To that end, I have made arrangements to have a 1978 CB400a delivered
      to the door for her to begin her own riding career. She doesn't know
      it's coming, so it will be a big surprise for her and a new tinker
      toy for me!

      I'm looking to network with others to learn and be prepared to help
      her with owning this bike. (well, WE are, but she doesn't know it
      yet!)
      So any help, tid-bits or advice you may have will be most welcomed.

      First off, does anyone have a owners or service manual copied, in PDF
      or for sale on CD? If so, please let me know so I can get my
      homework started.

      Ride safe!
      Tim