Re: [Homeschool_Links_and_Forms] Re: Can you recommend fiction books about home schoolers?

  • Don Milne
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
      Thanks. I will look into it.

      Don

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 8, 2013, at 6:18 AM, Sylvia DIaz <syldiaz@...> wrote:

      There's also a book called Schooled by Gordon Korman that I recommend.  The main character was homeschooled.

      Sylvia
      On Mar 8, 2013, at 3:36 AM, Lara wrote:

      Hi Don

      here is a link to check out:
      http://www.amazon.com/Fiction-about-homeschoolers/lm/2OI55WLPNUSXC
      My girls and I read The Adventures of the Kerrigan Kids - really enjoyed them!!

      --- In Homeschool_Links_and_Forms@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <donlmilne@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for suggestions of fiction books about home schoolers. Many home schooled children would like to read books were the characters are other home schoolers. Do you have any that you particularly recommend? If so, why?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Don Milne

    • AdaH
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 8, 2013
        We read the biography of Thomas Edison which my son thought was great especially the part about how his science experiment blew up the train. That's the one I can think of off the top of my head but I think in that respect we stuck to biographies of people that were hs-ed.

        Ada

        --- In Homeschool_Links_and_Forms@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <donlmilne@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for suggestions of fiction books about home schoolers. Many home schooled children would like to read books were the characters are other home schoolers. Do you have any that you particularly recommend? If so, why?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Don Milne

      • wswcagle
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 9, 2013
          A couple that my kids enjoyed come to mind:

          'Schooled' by Gordon Korman -- a homeschooled boy tries to adjust to regular school while his grandmother/teacher is in the hospital with a broken hip. Turns out, regular school has to adjust to him!

          'Surviving the Applewhites' -- a troubled teen, kicked out of every school, goes to live with an eclectic, artistic, homeschooling family.

          There's a discussion thread with several suggestions on this topic at Amazon.com:

          http://www.amazon.com/forum/juvenile%20fiction?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1TG90GI5A1Y9A&cdThread=Tx2PKMVWED14Z2Q

          Good luck in your search!

          Mimi