Re: Homeschool Related Businesses and Websites, 12/1/2011, 12:00 pm

  • Rebecca Miller
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
      I don't think that many people have utilized this opportunity.
      --Rebecca Miller

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
        Reminder from: Homeschool_Links_and_Forms Yahoo! Group

        Title: Homeschool Related Businesses and Websites

        Date: Thursday December 1, 2011
        Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
        Repeats: This event repeats every month.
        Notes: The first day of the month will be a time when members of the group may send in links to promote their homeschooling related businesses and blog sites. Please do not send this information in early or the messages will be returned. This will be a good time to promote your homeschooling business or homeschooling website. (WTB and FS items remain not allowed in this group.)

      • Mary Baker
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
          So is this just a one hour window, and what is the time zone?

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
            Hello All,

            We are in the process of launching a business that will provide math, science, and pre-engineering content and tutorials.  Beginning in January, we will have a 10 week class in Introduction to Engineering, taught by webcast, for high school juniors and seniors.  Also starting in January, a webcast Algebra I class, with one hour per week live webcast lectures, downloadable video tutorials and ebook.  It is possible to purchase the ebook and tutorials via download without signing up for the class.  The ebook is available in modular form to make it cost effective.  We are committed to providing inexpensive materials, including complete curriculum modules, to help families who are homeschooling.

            I have over 20 years teaching and curriculum development experience in engineering education, and my partner has a secondary level teaching certificate.  Our website is evolving, but can be found at www.myengrprof.com.

            Email if you are interested in our classes or materials, or would like more information either via this email or directly:

            mary.baker@...

            Thanks!

            Date: Thursday December 1, 2011
            Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2011
              No, it is a one day, 24 hour, allowance. But those that participate need to keep in the mind that it is a 24-hour window. I don't know what time zone everyone is in, but for me--it is currently 1:30 p.m. on December 1.

              --Rebecca Miller