Fw: The Kids' Science Challenge

  • Letty
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2009
      www.amazon.com/shops/lettysmarket
      www.lettysmarket.com
      http://lettys-market.blogspot.com/
      http://www.twittermoms.com/profile/Letty

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      To: "For parents, guardians and others interested in raising and educating brightchildren. Open to the public."
      Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:11:05 PM
      Subject: The Kids' Science Challenge

      http://kidsciencechallenge.com/

      Here's more info.� -Christine

      I'm hoping you can help us spread the word about the Kids' Science Challenge to home schoolers in your area. We've created a fun way to turn kids on to science, and it's completely funded by the National Science Foundation, so there are absolutely no costs to enter and participate.

      In brief, we're looking for mentors to help 3rd to 6th graders come up with entries for the competition. Along the way, we have a suite of online activities for kids and their leaders to explore, and curricula that teachers can use which relate the project to classroom Science Standards. The first 1000 Kids Science Challenge entrants receive hands-on kits.

      The Kids� Science Challenge is a nationwide competition where kids learn about four fun scientific fields and then submit a question, problem, or experiment to be solved. The scientific fields are: flavor science, water quality, skateboard engineering, and the search for life in outer space. Winners will visit and collaborate with the scientists and turn their ideas into a reality � and they�ll be featured on Pulse of the Planet radio programs www.pulseplanet.com, Kids� Science Challenge video podcasts or Dragonfly TV.
      The Kids� Science Challenge web site, www.kidsciencechallenge.com, includes downloadable science projects, fun videos, educational games, and lesson plans for classroom or after-school use that are aligned to National Science Education Standards.

      The first 1000 kids to enter the competition will receive free science activity kits, which include a fingerboard (mini-skateboard), water test strips, flavor-tasting strips, and a CD with a secret coded message from �aliens.� Complete instructions are included. This is a great opportunity for a group science learning experience.

      To set up a Kids� Science Challenge team, check out the Parents and teachers page on www.kidsciencechallenge.com or contact info@... for more information. We're sending out special prizes to the next few teams who sign on, so now is a great time to enter!

      Please let me know if I can answer any questions, or if you could use any brochures or postcards to help explain the project to fellow home schoolers. We�re looking forward to hearing from you!

      Best regards,
      Brett Barry