OT: 2 GREAT sites for trading your unwanted books

  • Shannon Fannin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2007
      As so many of us are watching our pennies, I thought I would throw
      this out (as I am extremely frugal and always looking for ways to
      save). If you are needing books or wanting to get rid of books, here
      are 2 great free sites to do it:

      www.paperbackswap.com
      www.bookmoocher.com

      On these sites, you list books that you want to get rid of. You are
      automatically given a few "credits" for books that you want (to get
      you started). When someone requests one of your books, you mail it to
      them (you pay media mail shipping). When they receive it, they tell
      the book system and you receive a credit.

      On Paperback Swap, you can list up to 200 wishlist books that you
      want. On Book Moocher, you can list as many as you want (I saw someone
      on there that has almost 4000 books on their wishlist!). When you find
      a book you want, you tell the system and a credit is deducted
      from you. The other person sends you your book for FREE.

      Both sites use a feedback system for transactions. If you are happy
      and got the book, put that into
      the system.

      I have been trading for over a year now and have gotten over 150 books
      for our homeschool. All types of books are listed on these boards. Old
      and new books can be found. These are great places to get rid of books
      your family & school has outgrown, and acquire those that you need.
      How great is it to get a $5 (and up) book that you need for your
      school for the cost of shipping a book to someone else?

      Shan
      Moderator of Educational-Books-For-Sale

      P.S. I have listed school text books, mystery, fitness, early readers,
      etc. on these boards. All books are accepted - not just school books.