What should I do wit it? - Old Chems

  • cdaw01
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Well -
      I'm changing chemical stratagies; I have about 9L of used cucl2, and
      about 7L of Developer with a bit of life left.

      I've read that slowly increasing the PH of CUCL2 will cause the
      Copper to precipitate out.

      SO I was thinking I could mix _ in small batches, slowly, the
      developer with the Etch, to reach a ph of 9, Once this has exhausted
      the developer, I can use Lye, mixed with water in it's own process.
      TO fully exhaust the acid, I'll then slowly drip Muriatic, till it's
      PH 7, then let it safely evaporate down, Taking sludge to haz-waste
      facility.

      Does sound like a good plan?

      JT