Updating the toner transfer FAQ, would like pictures.

  • James Newton
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2012
      I'm not sure if it's "official" or not, (that's up to our hard working list owner) but there IS a FAQ for making PCB's at home with most of the wisdom of this list collected into a single place:
      http://techref.massmind.org/Techref/pcbs.htm

      and it has a "sub" page for toner transfer which I've just been updating:
      http://techref.massmind.org/Techref/tonertransfer.htm

      Well... I've been updating it for years, with help from a few others, but I just went through it again and really polished it up today.

      I think it's the most complete single reference for doing TT on the web. There are lots of other tutorials, how to's and specific examples, but this page has all the ideas, tips, tricks, methods, etc... briefly explained, in one place. If it's missing something, let me know! ,o)

      Now, what I know it is missing, is pictures. I could just grab pics off the net, but I really do try to respect copyright, and honestly, a lot of the pictures I've seen aren't that great. Instead, I thought I might turn to the list and ask if anyone would like to donate pictures to the page (e.g. give permission for me to use them) so that we could have a visual as well as a textual FAQ for newbies and reference.

      If you have a good (e.g. clear, high resolution, unique) picture that documents the TT process, and you are willing to let me use it, please forward it to me: JamesNewton@... along with a message like "feel free to use this on the TT FAQ" and how you would like to be credited. I'll be happy to add a caption with your name, web site, company, or whatever. I do get many thousands of hits on the PCB pages so it could generate some traffic for you if that is your goal.

      Best wishes.
    • AlienRelics
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2012
        It's official. I've got links on the home page of this group and Inkjet_PCB_Construction.

        And thank you again, James, for putting all that work into it.

        Steve Greenfield AE7HD