Re: Cheap copper clad boards

  • upnxwood16
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 9, 2012
      The board thickness is 0.025" with my calipers, so it is flexible and I can easily get 18 pieces that are 4x6" out of one sheet. It would be hand cut with my snips so I would try to make sure it is accurate as possible. I going to say that the weight of the copper is 1 oz. It etches perfectly.

      I could make a run for you to the store and cut it up into pieces. $16 total with shipping sound good if anyone is interested?

      --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "D" <dl5012@...> wrote:

      > Hi Spencer,
      >
      > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, Spencer W <upnxwood16@> wrote:
      > > It's a surplus store in minnesota.
      >
      > Checked their website. They don't do retail sales on-line.
      >
      > Are you interested in buying, cutting down to size that can be shipped, and shipping to interested members? At say a 100-200% markup plus shipping?
      >
      > What is the thickness? Any idea what weight the cladding is?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Dennis

    • sheldon_mp_cooper
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 9, 2012
        That 0.025" figure probably meshes with my 0.032" double sided stuff, the lower thickness being due to the missing copper side.

        I'd be interested in getting a package of this.

        --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "upnxwood16" <upnxwood16@...> wrote:

        > The board thickness is 0.025" with my calipers, so it is flexible and I can easily get 18 pieces that are 4x6" out of one sheet. It would be hand cut with my snips so I would try to make sure it is accurate as possible. I going to say that the weight of the copper is 1 oz. It etches perfectly.
        >
        > I could make a run for you to the store and cut it up into pieces. $16 total with shipping sound good if anyone is interested?
        >

        > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "D" <dl5012@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Spencer,
        > >
        > > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, Spencer W <upnxwood16@> wrote:
        > > > It's a surplus store in minnesota.
        > >
        > > Checked their website. They don't do retail sales on-line.
        > >
        > > Are you interested in buying, cutting down to size that can be shipped, and shipping to interested members? At say a 100-200% markup plus shipping?
        > >
        > > What is the thickness? Any idea what weight the cladding is?
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Dennis

      • John
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 9, 2012
          If you feel up to it, I would like 2-orders. 4" X 6" is my favorite size. Actually whatever is shippable! a final target size of 3" x 5" is also a good size since my printer will do that size card. The .025 thickness should work well in the laminator.
          As I recall, I paid $20.00 for a 12" x 12" x 0.032"(1/2oz.) sheet from DigiKey. The laminator specs call for a max of 0.040" stock.

          If you choose to do this, make it easy on yourself! Gasolne is around $4 per gallon here. I don't want to take undue advantage of your generous offer..

          Should you care to contact me direct, jferrell13@...

          --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "upnxwood16" <upnxwood16@...> wrote:

          > The board thickness is 0.025" with my calipers, so it is flexible and I can easily get 18 pieces that are 4x6" out of one sheet. It would be hand cut with my snips so I would try to make sure it is accurate as possible. I going to say that the weight of the copper is 1 oz. It etches perfectly.
          >
          > I could make a run for you to the store and cut it up into pieces. $16 total with shipping sound good if anyone is interested?
          >

          > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "D" <dl5012@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Spencer,
          > >
          > > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, Spencer W <upnxwood16@> wrote:
          > > > It's a surplus store in minnesota.
          > >
          > > Checked their website. They don't do retail sales on-line.
          > >
          > > Are you interested in buying, cutting down to size that can be shipped, and shipping to interested members? At say a 100-200% markup plus shipping?
          > >
          > > What is the thickness? Any idea what weight the cladding is?
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Dennis

        • John
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 9, 2012
            I think the 0.032 pcb stock was two in a pack and 9-1/2 x 12 inches.

            --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jferrell13@...> wrote:

            > If you feel up to it, I would like 2-orders. 4" X 6" is my favorite size. Actually whatever is shippable! a final target size of 3" x 5" is also a good size since my printer will do that size card. The .025 thickness should work well in the laminator.
            > As I recall, I paid $20.00 for a 12" x 12" x 0.032"(1/2oz.) sheet from DigiKey. The laminator specs call for a max of 0.040" stock.
            >
            > If you choose to do this, make it easy on yourself! Gasolne is around $4 per gallon here. I don't want to take undue advantage of your generous offer..
            >
            > Should you care to contact me direct, jferrell13@...
            >

            > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "upnxwood16" <upnxwood16@> wrote:
            > >
            > > The board thickness is 0.025" with my calipers, so it is flexible and I can easily get 18 pieces that are 4x6" out of one sheet. It would be hand cut with my snips so I would try to make sure it is accurate as possible. I going to say that the weight of the copper is 1 oz. It etches perfectly.
            > >
            > > I could make a run for you to the store and cut it up into pieces. $16 total with shipping sound good if anyone is interested?
            > >

            > > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "D" <dl5012@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Spencer,

            > > > Checked their website. They don't do retail sales on-line.
            > > >
            > > > Are you interested in buying, cutting down to size that can be shipped, and shipping to interested members? At say a 100-200% markup plus shipping?
            > > >
            > > > What is the thickness? Any idea what weight the cladding is?
            > > >
            > > > Regards,
            > > > Dennis

          • Spencer W
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 11, 2012
              If anyone is still interested in the boards that I have, let me know. Can't blame ya though as those inventables boards are cheaper!

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 9, 2012, at 1:51 PM, "John" <jferrell13@...> wrote:

              > I think the 0.032 pcb stock was two in a pack and 9-1/2 x 12 inches.
              >
              > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jferrell13@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > If you feel up to it, I would like 2-orders. 4" X 6" is my favorite size. Actually whatever is shippable! a final target size of 3" x 5" is also a good size since my printer will do that size card. The .025 thickness should work well in the laminator.
              > > As I recall, I paid $20.00 for a 12" x 12" x 0.032"(1/2oz.) sheet from DigiKey. The laminator specs call for a max of 0.040" stock.
              > >
              > > If you choose to do this, make it easy on yourself! Gasolne is around $4 per gallon here. I don't want to take undue advantage of your generous offer..
              > >
              > > Should you care to contact me direct, jferrell13@...
              > >

              > > --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "upnxwood16" <upnxwood16@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > The board thickness is 0.025" with my calipers, so it is flexible and I can easily get 18 pieces that are 4x6" out of one sheet. It would be hand cut with my snips so I would try to make sure it is accurate as possible. I going to say that the weight of the copper is 1 oz. It etches perfectly.
              > > >
              > > > I could make a run for you to the store and cut it up into pieces. $16 total with shipping sound good if anyone is interested?

            • John
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 11, 2012
                I am still interested! Those boards are 0.062" thick. Too much for my laminator. It could be that after I learn this toner transfer method I won't need the special stuff and make do with lesser cost tools, but for now I have not had a successful board.

                BTW, the boards from Pulsar are 9-1/2 x 12 and two in a pack...

                --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, Spencer W <upnxwood16@...> wrote:

                > If anyone is still interested in the boards that I have, let me know. Can't blame ya though as those inventables boards are cheaper!
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone

              • Riley
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 11, 2012
                  FWIW they're FR1, which is a paper/epoxy that doesn't eat bits or produce dust that kills pretty much anything.  (exposed skin, lungs, bearings, etc)

                  they do charge $8 shipping, so the minimum order is nearly $20 and works out to $0.70/ea

                  I'd be interested in some of those 36x42 boards, any idea how much they weigh?

                  --

                  Riley

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 12, 2012
                    On 12/04/2012 00:49, Riley wrote:
                    > FWIW they're FR1, which is a paper/epoxy that doesn't eat bits or
                    > produce dust that kills pretty much anything. (exposed skin, lungs,
                    > bearings, etc)

                    I use CEM-1/FPC 16, which sounds similar. I like it because it's very
                    easy to cut and drill, as well as being cheaper than FR4.

                    Leon
                    --
                    Leon Heller
                    G1HSM