photo chemicals name

  • palplr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
      Can any one say what are the easily avaliable photo checmicals to
      spray or paint on the bare pcb for either positive or negative print.

      If not can we make from some bunch of checmicals.

      I would appreciate instead of commerical name the checmical name to be
      given so that i can check with the chemcicals company which is
      avliable near by my house.

      Regards

      R.Pal
    • Adam Seychell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        palplr wrote:
        > Can any one say what are the easily avaliable photo checmicals to
        > spray or paint on the bare pcb for either positive or negative print.

        I don't think you can easily formulate our own liquid photoresists that
        perform as today's commercial photoresists. Exact ingredients and
        manufacture process would be a trade secret, and to get close you have
        to be expert in that field of chemistry. Because you ask the question I
        assume you have very limited knowledge of chemistry just as I do. Your
        best bet is to study chemistry and search the patent databases.

        Good luck,

        Adam
      • Myc Holmes
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          Adam is correct. Today's chemistry is pretty sophisticated.

          Buy the boards pre-coated, or use the sprray from a can. If you really want,
          you can get film that you can lamnate yourself.

          I do remember there was a Chromate / gelatin mixture used many years ago.
          You may still find references to it under screenprinting.

          Myc