Re: [Homebrew_PCBs] UV LED arrays?

  • Henrik Olsson
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
      Yep, the LED's they used where: Kingbright L-7113UVC.
      That particular LED has a 20 degree "beam", they put 24 of them in a grid
      ~32mm appart. The distance from the LED to the PCB where 80mm and exposure
      time around 6min. Or so the claim...

      /Henrik Olsson.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2006
        Some of y'all may be interested in this page that concerns using
        UV LEDs to expose PC boards:

        http://radikaldesig.blogspot.com/2006/10/insoladora-uv-leds.html

        Dave
      • Sander Pool
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2006
          Nice, I love projects like that. Much more attainable than multi mega
          Watt UV lamps :) I've always exposed my photo sensitive board with a
          fluorescent desk lamp. 20 Years ago I used a home sun-tan lamp.

          Sander

          D wrote:

          > Some of y'all may be interested in this page that concerns using
          > UV LEDs to expose PC boards:
          >
          > http://radikaldesig.blogspot.com/2006/10/insoladora-uv-leds.html
          > <http://radikaldesig.blogspot.com/2006/10/insoladora-uv-leds.html>
          >
          > Dave

        • nuno_tv
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 13, 2006
            --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik Olsson" <henrik-
            olsson@...> wrote:

            > Yep, the LED's they used where: Kingbright L-7113UVC.
            > That particular LED has a 20 degree "beam", they put 24 of them in
            a grid
            > ~32mm appart. The distance from the LED to the PCB where 80mm and
            exposure
            > time around 6min. Or so the claim...
            >
            > /Henrik Olsson.

            Just thought You would like to know. I bought one of these UV LEDs
            out of curiosity, along with many other non-curious stuff, and it
            does perform as stated on that magazine.
            In my case I made just a small 2cm x 2cm exposure and it turn out
            great. If I ever consider building an UV exposure unit, it will be
            with UV LEDs.
            Make sure their wavelength falls in your photo resistivity product.

            Nuno T.