Re: [Homebrew_PCBs] Re: Laser Printer Toner transfer with plain regular paper

  • Russell Shaw
    Message 1 of 38 , Feb 23, 2003
      David Saum wrote:
      > I have found that thin glossy paper soaks
      > off most easily - something like the paper
      > use for Time magazine pages. Maybe a
      > paper expert can tell me what magazines
      > use?
      >
      > I went to a paper store and got some
      > #60 glossy paper and it works pretty well.
      >
      > Here is a brief description of my procedure
      > http://www.infiltec.com/SID-GRB@home/pcb-home.htm

      Rice paper may dissolve well in water...
    • grantfair2001
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 12 10:03 PM
        --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, Adam Seychell
        <adam_seychell@y...> wrote:
        > Oh sorry, I forgot to mention the hydrometer. [snip]
        >
        > Luther m stroud mentioned, having all this lab equipment might be
        > an overkill. He brings up a good point. How about setting up your
        > etching tank and start etching circuit boards before investing in
        > some lab ware. You don't need any fancy equipment to prepare the
        > copper etchant. Only some kitchen scales and measuring jugs.
        > Later, when your etchant starts to become exhausted you may
        > decide to buy the equipment and restore the etchant.
        >
        > Adam

        Well, that's pretty good advice. I already have some HCl. I did not
        realize it took so long for the copper to react - so when I tried it,
        after an hour I assumed nothing had happened or would happen. When I
        get the picnic chest and a workplace organized I will give it a go.

        Grant