Re: [Homebrew_PCBs] Choosing a trace width

  • Alexandre Souza
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      > Took me some decades of tinkering and breadboarding to learn it, but
      > for more than two or three IC's and the usual amount of discretes
      > therewith, a "one-each" PCB is just too much hassle! Thus, the
      > attraction of wire-wrap! I agree, however, for just one to three
      > IC's, often even a "one-each" PCB is nicer. Or, if you have to make
      > ten or more of "same board", then PTH professional is the way to go.
      > Whew, if I were 17, again, and knew all I know now, of such home-brew
      > hassle, I could be a whiz with a much nicer personality!

      If I could find wire-wrap goods (wire and wrapper) in Brazil, I'd be
      more than happy :o)))
    • JanRwl@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
        In a message dated 12/31/2002 11:53:10 PM Central Standard Time,
        hightechsystems@... writes:

        > As for the pads I like to drill 100mil and for power diodes and wire inputs
        > 150mil.

        Derek: This is kinda BIG for IC's, seems to me! Wouldn't the pad have to be
        considerably SMALLER than 100 mill for pins on 100 mil centers????

      • High Tech
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
          Hi Jan,
          The pads I am talking about here is the free pads, resistor
          small diodes, etc. The IC's are 50x100mil ovals normal size.
          These are already in the parts inventory and I didn't have to make a new
          part. You can make the pads any size you want even odd sizes 83mil.
          I use PC Logic mainly because it has some very nice features that others
          don't have and I am use to it.
          Like easy to make custom parts while you are drawing the PCB. Step and
          Repeat when printing, etc.

          Derek

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
            In a message dated 1/1/2003 10:19:07 PM Central Standard Time,
            hightechsystems@... writes:

            > The pads I am talking about here is the free pads, resistor
            > small diodes, etc. The IC's are 50x100mil ovals normal size.

            Clear, now.