White versus green TRF

  • Mike Young
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
      Does the green TRF seal the toner better than the white? Is there a reason
      to stock both? I'm wondering if I can use the white TRF for etching. Nothing
      at all wrong with a black silkscreen...

      Also, is Pulsar the only transfer paper that works? My wife thinks she saw
      transfer paper for pennies a sheet at the crafts store, versus Pulsar's $15
      for 10 sheets.
    • Stefan Trethan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
        On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:12:54 +0100, Mike Young <mikewhy@...>
        wrote:

        > Also, is Pulsar the only transfer paper that works? My wife thinks she
        > saw
        > transfer paper for pennies a sheet at the crafts store, versus Pulsar's
        > $15
        > for 10 sheets.

        inkjet paper works well, see database section.

        ST
      • mikezcnc
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
          Mike,

          Your wife is right. Craft stores do have transfer paper.... It
          transfers ALL image, traces and the remaining area as well. I mean
          ALL. If you wanted a PCB image on your t-shirt, that would be a way to
          go. I am planning to that :)) Mike
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2005
            --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Young" <mikewhy@s...>
            wrote:

            > Also, is Pulsar the only transfer paper that works? My wife thinks
            she saw
            > transfer paper for pennies a sheet at the crafts store, versus
            Pulsar's $15
            > for 10 sheets.

            Totally different kind of transfer paper. That may be Tshirt transfer
            paper, it has a layer of inkjet receptive plastic on it that melts
            into the fabric when pressed. So you'd have a completely covered board
            with a nice image on it that can't be etched.

            There is more than one kind of transfer paper. Can you find out the
            exact brand and name on it?

            Steve Greenfield
          • ballendo
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2005
              --- In Homebrew_PCBs@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alienrelics@y...> wrote:
              >Totally different kind of transfer paper. That may be Tshirt transfer
              >paper, it has a layer of inkjet receptive plastic on it that melts
              >into the fabric when pressed. So you'd have a completely covered
              >board with a nice image on it that can't be etched.

              Which sounds perfect for a front panel label...

              Ballendo