NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER TODAY MAY 5 IN USA AND CANADA:

  • jesus_saves_follow_him
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005
      Please remember world day of prayer starts today Thursday May 5, also
      Canada, and USA have their National Day of Prayer today May 5, here is
      an email remainder I received:

      54th Annual National Day of Prayer - "God Shed His Grace on
      Thee"

      KEY PROMISE PRAYER: "Let us then approach the throne of grace with
      confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in
      our time of need." - Hebrews 4:16

      In less than a few hours, millions of people across the U.S. will join
      together in one accord to pray for our nation. This year's theme
      "God Shed His Grace on Thee," speaks to my heart as I think of the
      need for God's grace for our Prime Minister and for the USA President
      as they leads our nations, for Coalition troops in Iraq, as they help
      civilians to regain their nation's freedom; a moral compass for our
      schools as they educate our emerging leaders, and religious peace and
      freedom for all churches as they continue to declare Jesus as the
      risen Lord!

      As we draw near to this day, a day recognized and set-aside by our
      government to pray, I encourage you to approach the throne of grace
      with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help
      us in our time of need. Our nations needs our prayers, nearly 4000
      abortions are performed everyday in the U.S. alone, we continue to
      hear of the arguments, or the legal fact of legalize same-sex
      marriages; and in many countries in the World the news coverage of
      drive-by shootings does not seem to cease. During times like these we
      need God's grace!

      Shirley Dobson, Chairman for the USA National Day of Prayer, shares
      the following:

      "As a nation, we have rebelled against the Creator. Our culture is
      steeped in immorality and self-sufficiency and is growing increasingly
      hostile toward religious expression. Our situation is similar to that
      described by President Abraham Lincoln when he proclaimed a National
      Fast Day in 1863: 'But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the
      gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched
      and strengthened us; and we have imagined, in the deceitfulness of our
      hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom
      and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have
      become too self-sufficient to feel the need of redeeming and
      preserving grace; too proud to pray to the God that made us!'"

      May we humble ourselves, crying out to God for our nation, our
      leaders, our church and our families seeing His grace abound in our
      lives today and always.

      The USA National Day of Prayer focuses on five areas: government,
      media, education, church and family. In your times of prayer on
      Thursday, May 5,whether they be in a public prayer meeting or the
      stillness of your prayer closet, I would encourage you to focus on
      these areas and see God's grace shed on this nation!

      God's blesses to every prayer intercessor!

      History of USA National Day of Prayer:
      * 1775 - The first Continental Congress called for a National Day of
      Prayer
      * 1863 - Abraham Lincoln called for such a day
      * 1952 - Congress established NDP as an annual event by a joint
      resolution, signed into law by President Truman
      * 1988 - The law was amended and signed by President Reagan,
      designating the NDP as the first Thursday in May

      For more information: http://www.nationaldayofprayer.org