TODAY NEWS: CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN & WHAT EACH ONE CAN DO TO PROTECT THEM....

  • jesus_saves_follow_him
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      Greetings,

      IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO EVERY MINISTER, EVANGELIST, PROPHET/PROPHETESS,
      YOUTH LEADER, PARENT:

      Seems every time I turn the TV on lately is another news of violence
      against children.
      As a Christian I daily pray for children safety… but it seems
      that we Christians should take a more active approach in telling
      Parents and Youth Leaders on how to protect children against adult
      violence in all forms. Here are some helpful information on how to
      protect children against adult sex abuses.

      Email received:
      Darkness to Light Email Update, June 28, 2005

      CNN Sunday
      Darkness to Light CEO and President, Anne Lee, made a live appearance
      on CNN Sunday, June 19th at 5:30pm EST. For more information, visit
      http://www.darkness2light.org/news/archives/news_06_21_05.asp

      Train Your Staff before School Starts
      1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually abused before their 18th
      birthdays. Most never tell. There is something you can do about it!
      Darkness to Light offers Stewards of Children, a revolutionary sexual
      abuse prevention training program for organizations and corporations
      that serve youth. To see how the program could benefit your
      organization, come to a free information session June 30th at 10:00am
      or July 12th at 5:30pm. For more information, contact
      stewards@..., call (843) 954-5444 or visit
      http://www.darkness2light.org/prevention

      Website Makeover
      Check out our new website design! Look for fresh content, graphics and
      the latest news headlines on child sexual abuse, along with a new,
      secure on-line giving service.
      Visit http://www.darkness2light.org/ and please feel free to send
      feedback to tech@...

      Tune in to Internet Talk Radio
      This week's guest is Lynn Tolson, author of BEYOND THE TEARS,
      chronicling her experiences dealing with CSA, a suicide attempt and
      the many health issues her abuse caused. Listen live at
      http://www.darkness2light.org/prevention/internet_radio.asp to listen.

      -----------------------------------
      Darkness to Light, 7 Radcliffe Street, Suite 200, Charleston, SC 29403
      -----------------------------------
      Also the FBI has dedicated programs on children abuse, violence and
      other dangers. Here are links to the FBI website helpful information
      on children sexual abuses and how to help prevent and how to protect
      children:

      Information showcase of one offender:
      http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/crimesmain.htm

      Online child pornography and how to help stop it:
      http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/crimesmain.htm

      State sex offenders information – know who is the offender living
      in
      your community:
      http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/states.htm

      Information on FBI programs to protect children against sex abuses and
      how to participate at your local level:
      http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/investtext.htm

      And you are invited to visit Christian website with information and
      links on how to protect our children against adult sex abuses and
      article on how the Assemblies of God churches are dealing with the
      problem and program developed to help other ministers and churches
      deal with this problem:
      http://www.compacturl.com/whsv

      God's blessings as you become pro-active to protect children.