2 piece mast

  • chrisbrown97330
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2005
      Hey all,
      I have a Hobie One 12 and I'm having trouble separating the 2 piece
      mast. I've tried pulling, twisting, and doing both at the same
      time. Any trick I'm missing or suggestions? Thanks!

      Chris Brown
    • jrodger james
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2005
        Heating the aluminum section to expand it might help, if the other section is fiberglass.

        If both sections are aluminum you may have a corrosion "welding" problem requiring a solvent, heat and rubber mallet.

        Rodger

        chrisbrown97330 <chrisbrown97330@...> wrote:

        Hey all,
        I have a Hobie One 12 and I'm having trouble separating the 2 piece
        mast. I've tried pulling, twisting, and doing both at the same
        time. Any trick I'm missing or suggestions? Thanks!

        Chris Brown

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        document.write('');

      • Jason Richards