HobieHolder 12 parts info wanted

  • mick_alias
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
      Hello and Into to all...

      Name Mick Alias, Past Hobie 16 racer.
      Location Santa Clara, Calif
      Current Boats, Cyclone and Banshee

      Thought this group may also have some info and source of parts for
      the HobieHolder 12. A friend just picked one up and am trying to help
      him put it back in the water. Hull is in excellent condition, mast
      and boom are good shape. what is missing is the sail, rudder, tiller
      and dagger board. Actually the past owner is looking and believes he
      can find the dagger board.

      So.. what I am looking for is...

      Part, specifications or template to fabricate a rudder blade
      Parts, specifications or template to fabricate tiller.
      Used Sail in decent shape.

      Thanks in advance for any help/info.

      Mick A.
    • Wayne Carney
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
        Hello Mick,

        Take a look through the information available on the group web page in the
        FILES and LINKS areas.

        Although these boats are no longer in production there are other resources.
        If you don't see what you need at the group web page post further inquiries.
        The members here can be very resourceful from backyard Band-Aid fixes to
        professional repairs and custom parts links.

        Sails are available through several sources including the former builder,
        HobieCat. Search the net on "Holder-12 Sails".

        Wayne

      • mick_alias
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
          Thanks Wayne,

          I did take a pass though the files section and pulled the jpegs with
          part numbers. This gives me a good idea of the over all layout of the
          parts. I assume the dagger and rudder blade were fiberglass or
          Polly?. I have no problem crafting new ones of glass if I can't
          locate some used ones, but lack the dementions of the parts. Looks
          like my best bet it to find a Hobie Holder local here that I can
          measure the parts and make some templets.

          Thanks again, Mick

          --- In Holder12@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne Carney" <wayne.sc@c...> wrote:
          > Hello Mick,
          >
          > Take a look through the information available on the group web page
          in the
          > FILES and LINKS areas.

          > Although these boats are no longer in production there are other
          resources.
          > If you don't see what you need at the group web page post further
          inquiries.
          > The members here can be very resourceful from backyard Band-Aid
          fixes to
          > professional repairs and custom parts links.
          >
          > Sails are available through several sources including the former
          builder,
          > HobieCat. Search the net on "Holder-12 Sails".
          >

          > Wayne

        • techmoose99
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2005
            Hi Mick,

            I'm understanding that you have no rudder parts at all and that you
            also do not have cheek plates and pintles. Is this correct?

            Moose