I love my holder

  • grazi_madskipper
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2004
      I´m from Brazil and I have my holder about 14 years and I will never
      sell that!
      Came to see our page in Brazil http://www.holder12.cjb.net/

      I win three times the brazilin championship and I alredy sail in the
      United States with another boat. I was in Shreveport, Sarasota,
      Annapolis and Miami. I have good times there!

      I have a lot of pictures, and who wants to meet Brazil..talk to me,
      mail me!
    • Pedro foronda
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
        Glad to here from people from Brazil, here it is a little windy lately and I am not sure my holder is up to this trades winds. I do take her out from december to march or so wale season.

        vose abuso... tomo partido de mi abuzo...

        grazi_madskipper <grazi_madskipper@...> wrote:

        I´m from Brazil and I have my holder about 14 years and I will never
        sell that!
        Came to see our page in Brazil http://www.holder12.cjb.net/

        I win three times the brazilin championship and I alredy sail in the
        United States with another boat. I was in Shreveport, Sarasota,
        Annapolis and Miami. I have good times there!

        I have a lot of pictures, and who wants to meet Brazil..talk to me,
        mail me!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        Get unlimited calls to

        U.S./Canada

      • techmoose99
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
          I checked out the Brazilian website and enjoyed seeing the pictures.
          The Holders down there look only slightly different. Is it possible
          to buy a new Holder in Brazil? I'm not aware of anyone making new
          ones in the United States.

          Moose
        • Wayne Carney
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 9, 2004
            Hey Moose,

            Actually, you are seeing NEW Holder 12's. They are in full production in
            Brazil and any differences are probably the design modifications made over
            just the past few years. New boats and parts are available and it is a One
            Design Class. The down side is shipping and duty make importing prohibitive.

            I have been in contact with the manufacturer about everything from FedExing
            an handful of small parts to whole containers full of complete boats. The
            freight and taxes just make it too expensive to be worthwhile... even with
            the exchange rate. And, the falling dollar value has made it even worse
            lately.

            There was a fleeting moment I thought this would be a great source for mast,
            daggerboard, and rudder replacements... not to mention sails. Alas, the
            prices stack up to about 30% to 50% higher than custom equipment made in the
            U.S.

            Since I do international buying by profession and deal with Brazil regularly
            I have been keeping an eye on the possibilities. The numbers just don't add
            up to make it worthwhile for our group right now. Maybe if the tariffs
            change in the future.

            Wayne

          • graziella tussatto
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2004
              Hi Moose,

              Yes!

              A new holder is like 800 until 1000 dollars.

              Gracie

              techmoose99 <JDVDBRCNBTQC@...> wrote:

              I checked out the Brazilian website and enjoyed seeing the pictures.
              The Holders down there look only slightly different. Is it possible
              to buy a new Holder in Brazil? I'm not aware of anyone making new
              ones in the United States.

              Moose

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT