drain holes

  • gail kellor
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2003
      Wayne,

      Thanks for mentioning the threaded nylon plug or
      insert for the drain plug to screw into. I didn't
      like the original drilled hole, or enlargeing and
      tapping it, like I did.....because it is just exposing
      raw fiberglas that can 'wick' water into the hull
      material. That is another real good reason to get
      that inner hull area dry as soon as possible, because
      it isn't gelcoated and may have exposed cloth fibers
      that will begin wicking water into the hull. Next
      project when weather gets warm enough to epoxy the
      plug into the hull...

      Gail

      http://photos.yahoo.com/