hole the bottom of my mast channel

  • casey.paul13
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2010
      Any ideas of how to repair a hole at the bottom of the mast channel. Does anyone know where to buy a drain plug for the hobie holder twelve.
    • T RUSH
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2010
        Casey, I got my drain plug from a hobie dealer, it was about $3. as far as the mast hole goes, I repaired mine using a material called Mar-Glass. I got it from an automotive store, it mixes like bondo and smells the same except that it has short fiberglass threads in it. I mixed it with less hardener than recommended so that I could work it a little longer. I took the mast end and wrapped some paper around it to make it snug but not too tight, then I slipped some saran wrap over the paper and taped it in place, mixed about 3 tble spoons of mar glass, dropped it down the hole and gently placed the mast in using a c clamp to be sure that it did not go all the way to the bottom before I inserted the mast. within 15 minutes the mar glass was hardened and I removed the mast along with the saran wrap and paper, reset the mast with room to spare. I also made a gasket from a gallon milk bottle to put in the bottom of the hole to reduce any new wear. I hope that this helps you.
        David Rush Rushsail