Holder 12 for sale

  • john
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 19, 2010
      I am selling my holder 12 sailboat. If you want to see a description and pictures of the sailboat go to craigslist.com, california for the state, and los angeles for the city ,,,,it is listed as 600 dollars, excellent condition...thanks john
    • john
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 21, 2010
        now selling it for 550 dollars...really need the space...john

        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 22, 2010
          the city location is now orange

          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 23, 2010
            The price is now $500...john

            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 25, 2010
              the price is now $400....if this keeps up i wont be able to give this thing away.....new boat is coming monday so i need to move this sailboat out of the driveway....great boat, few scratches, nice sail...the advertisement in the title might say $500 but if you click on the ad it will say $400...here is my email address johnlizardi@...

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 1, 2010
                location is los angeles on craigslist...found out the sailboat is from 1994..Price is 300 dollars

                --- In Holder12@yahoogroups.com, "john" <johnlizardi@...> wrote:

                > the price is now $400....if this keeps up i wont be able to give this thing away.....new boat is coming monday so i need to move this sailboat out of the driveway....great boat, few scratches, nice sail...the advertisement in the title might say $500 but if you click on the ad it will say $400...here is my email address johnlizardi@...
                >
                > --- In Holder12@yahoogroups.com, "john" <johnlizardi@> wrote:
                > >
                > > The price is now $500...john
                > >
                > > --- In Holder12@yahoogroups.com, "john" <johnlizardi@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > the city location is now orange

              • Wayne C
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 1, 2010
                  Hi John,

                  The Hull ID in the upper right of the transom will tell the month built and
                  the model year, no guesswork. Post the number if you like. Or, there's a
                  guide to reading the whole thing in the group's FILES area.

                  You can post your craigslist link to make it easier to find...
                  http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/boa/1620857472.html

                  Wayne

                • dalewe
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 2, 2010
                    I just sold my Holder 12 to go into a Compac Yacht.  I recieved $1300 for boat and trailer and I feel that it was worth every penny.  Everything in great condition and ready to use. By giving away your boat you are just devaluing this great boat.  Hold tight until later this spring and get what it's worth. Besides,if you only get four hundred, what's that really going to do for your pockets?
                    Dale

                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 2, 2010
                      Found out that the registration says the sailboat is from 1994...relisted my sailboat for 500 dollars on craigslist..I need the space for my mirror sailboat that is coming today or tomorrow....dont need the money so much (i think i paid 650 dollars for sailboat)...just dont want to inconvenience any relatives by having them store the sailboat on their property. I did sail a couple days ago in newport beach for the first time and the sailboat held up admirably and i had a terrific time. Its funny because i have taken this sailboat out with a couple women that i am seeing presently and they love this boat...in fact they are more upset that i am selling it than i am....I have owned a sunfish, zuma, rented a catalina capri, coronado 15, laser and i must confess that the Holder 12 is the best of the lot in my humble opinion. The only reason i am selling this sailboat is my nieces and nephews are apprehensive about sitting on a sailboat. They would much rather sit in a sailboat. Anyways thanks for the advice guys...john

                      Message 10 of 18 , May 20, 2011
                        I have a Holder 12 that I have decided to sell. I never used it in the two years that I've owned it due to health reasons. It is complete with the insulated mast, zipper luff on the sail. Sail is in great condition. Has the factory rudder and keel.
                        I also have a trailer that has seen better days, but works.
                        I haven't set a price yet. Any ideas of it's worth?
                        John in Wisconsin
                      • Brian Fay
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 20, 2011
                          Look at the NADA Guides. I looked mine up and it was going for $995 without the trailer.

                        • bobrynd
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 20, 2011
                            Hi John,

                            I am in a similiar situation. I'm thinking of selling mine but don't know what it is worth. I was thinking $600.00. But, like real estate, I don't want to be the low ball in the neighborhood and bring every elses value down. What's your thoughts?

                            Bob

                            --- In Holder12@yahoogroups.com, "John" <romanjohn1001@...> wrote:

                            > I have a Holder 12 that I have decided to sell. I never used it in the two years that I've owned it due to health reasons. It is complete with the insulated mast, zipper luff on the sail. Sail is in great condition. Has the factory rudder and keel.
                            > I also have a trailer that has seen better days, but works.
                            > I haven't set a price yet. Any ideas of it's worth?
                            > John in Wisconsin

                          • Brian Fay
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 20, 2011
                              Mine is one of them on Ebay for 995 with the trailer.  Its a nice boat, but I just dont have the sailing skills for it.

                              Brian

                              I am in a similiar situation. I'm thinking of selling mine but don't know what it is worth. I was thinking $600.00. But, like real estate, I don't want to be the low ball in the neighborhood and bring every elses value down. What's your thoughts?

                              Bob

                              --- In Holder12@yahoogroups.com, "John" <romanjohn1001@...> wrote:

                              > I have a Holder 12 that I have decided to sell. I never used it in the two years that I've owned it due to health reasons. It is complete with the insulated mast, zipper luff on the sail. Sail is in great condition. Has the factory rudder and keel.
                              > I also have a trailer that has seen better days, but works.
                              > I haven't set a price yet. Any ideas of it's worth?
                              > John in Wisconsin

                            • Lee Parker
                              Message 14 of 18 , May 22, 2011
                                I haven't received any response from Matt regarding his damaged Holder. If
                                anyone else has, please let me know. I need a upper mast half/comp tip.

                                Several of you have mentioned selling. (Sorry Wisconsin is too far, I am in
                                Florida) If you are interested in selling a Holder 12 or even a 14 and are
                                in the southeastern US, send me a message.

                                --
                                "There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I've just erased it."