Holder 12 owners in the Southeast

  • artcramer2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
      Am I the only one? In my years in this group I rarely see any posts
      from the Southeast. Please see my boat for sale in the database.
      Delivery can be arranged. Dr says I can't sail alone any longer.
      Thank you.
    • D. Lee Daugherty
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
        Where are you located? Lee

        --
        D. Lee Daugherty
        Water's Edge LLC

      • Art
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
          Hello,

          I am in Canton, GA. Between Lake Alatoona and Lake Lanier.
          Are you interested in my Holder? Art

          --
          D. Lee Daugherty
          Water's Edge LLC

        • D. Lee Daugherty
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
            What are you asking for it and does it have a trailer? Lee

            On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Art <cramer1001@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I am in Canton, GA. Between Lake Alatoona and Lake Lanier.
            > Are you interested in my Holder? Art

            D. Lee Daugherty
            Water's Edge LLC
            3239 Lakeshore Drive
            Florence SC 29501
            lee@...
            843.229.9393 voice
            916.314.8833 facsimile
            www.ConsultWE.com

          • Art
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 29, 2008
              Hello again-
              There are details on the Holder 12 group site. Look under Database and you will see Boats for Sale.
              Yes, there is a 2003 Trailer. I have all the required parts in good shape. The Holder is a 1986 model
              with a yellow hull and rainbow colored sails. Price is $999. I can arrange delivery if necessary.
              I have enjoyed this boat a lot but my MD says I can no longer sail alone. To see what the boat looks
              like go to Utube.com. Type in Holder 12 or Hobie Holder 12 and you will see similar boats.
              Art
              What are you asking for it and does it have a trailer? Lee

              On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Art <cramer1001@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I am in Canton, GA. Between Lake Alatoona and Lake Lanier.
              > Are you interested in my Holder? Art

              D. Lee Daugherty
              Water's Edge LLC
              3239 Lakeshore Drive
              Florence SC 29501
              lee@...
              843.229.9393 voice
              916.314.8833 facsimile
              www.ConsultWE.com

            • walter gautier
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                I have a holder 12 on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
                Your not the only one.

                Walt
                --- Art <cramer1001@...> wrote:

                > Hello,
                >
                > I am in Canton, GA. Between Lake Alatoona and Lake
                > Lanier.
                > Are you interested in my Holder? Art

              • john mccarthy
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                  I recently bought a used holder 12.  i'm getting water (rain water, i believe as I keep it docked) in the deck area and between the outer and inner fiberglass deck layers.  are there any common problem areas I should look at?

                  --- Art <cramer1001@alltel. net> wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > I am in Canton, GA. Between Lake Alatoona and Lake
                  > Lanier.
                  > Are you interested in my Holder? Art

                • Wayne C
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 30, 2008
                    John,

                    When you say docked, is the boat in a boat rack at the dock or afloat 24/7.
                    If it's floating then below the waterline issues might be more of a concern.

                    Regardless, I agree, it sounds like you have a leak that need repair. To
                    locate leaks and avoid a lot of guesswork there's a standard test that can
                    be performed. An outline is posted in the files area:

                    Files > Repairs > Hull Leak Test.gif

                    If after looking over the test or after performing the test you have other
                    questions, feel free to ask.

                    Do note the max pressure is in ounces NOT pounds per square inch. It's done
                    with a bicycle tire or pool toy pump, not a compressor. You don't want to
                    pop a seam.

                    Wayne

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 31, 2008
                      Hi Wayne,

                      Thanks for the response.

                      The boat is in a rack, so rainwater is a definite culprit.  However, I cannot eliminate the possibility of water getting in when sailing and I just don't notice it till later.  There is one possibility that seems to have been eliminated, however, and that's the mast hold area.  My first suspicion was there might be crack where the mast may have hit the fiberglass too hard.  While it too fills up with rain water, it doesn/t go down unless its hot and windy.

                      Thanks for the tip, an I will take it up this winter.