double ending the boom vang

  • Dave_Benjamin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 8:53 PM
      I bought a new triple, double, turning blocks w/ standup springs,
      camcleats, and fairleads. The plan is to double end the boomvang
      controls so they can be reached from either side of the boat without
      having to reach towards midships if you have to blow the vang in a
      hurry.

      If anyone else has done this project I'd like to hear where you put
      the turning blocks and cam cleats. I'm thinking the lines should run
      just below the point where the bench starts to angle.

      Thoughts anyone?
    • Wayne C
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30 10:50 PM
        Hi Dave,

        Have you looked around the group web pages?

        You want to see a race-ready H12...., take a look at StringyDinghy in the
        Photos.
        Mark (StringyDinghy) has even done us the courtesy of diagramming his deck
        layout and posting it.
        I can email original images if the ones in PHOTOS have lost something due to
        the Yahoo down-size.

        Your layout will most likely be a combination of skipper's choice, logical
        placement, and deck design limitations.

        If you are going to race you may want to study up on the library of books
        available for Laser tuning and tactics. Of course you are going to adapt as
        needed, but the general principals and strategies for Lasers apply very well
        to for the H12.

        Wayne

        I bought a new triple, double, turning blocks w/ standup springs,
        camcleats, and fairleads. The plan is to double end the boomvang
        controls so they can be reached from either side of the boat without
        having to reach towards midships if you have to blow the vang in a
        hurry.

        If anyone else has done this project I'd like to hear where you put
        the turning blocks and cam cleats. I'm thinking the lines should run
        just below the point where the bench starts to angle.

        Thoughts anyone?

        http://www.frappr.com/funseeker

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dave_Benjamin
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2006
          I'll check out the photos. Thanks for the tip. I don't race the 12.
          I've got a Holder 20 for that.